Day Trip

Yesterday was a really fun day!
Richard needed to go to Logan, Utah to take the GRE
{really really really long exam for grad school students}
Five hours to be exact.
Well, the kids and I decided to go along
and enjoy a day in a new place.

I really like Logan.
We had A LOT of fun.
We were looking for a place to have lunch.
I wanted delicious food.
The kids wanted a play place.
Richard wanted Wifi for last minute cramming.

As I was driving and looking for the usual mainstream fast food restaurants that I don't really care for, 
I saw
far in the horizon
the most beautiful image
one I had not seen for more than four years.
A big, red, curly 'C'
{yes}
with the head of a chicken

CHICK-FIL-A!!
Do they have Wifi?
yes!
A playground?
you bet!
DELICIOUS FOOD?
do you have to ask?!?!
Needless to say, I was excited, and without any consultation to my family on the issue, we pulled the van into the parking lot of my favorite fast food restaurant currently in existence.

Then, BYE to Richard.
Good Luck on your test.

{MEANWHILE}
The perfect weather took the kids and I all over the prettiest parts of Logan.
Especially the temple. 

Water! 

We sat at this fountain for at least a half-hour.
It was so calm and fun. 

Parker wanted to go inside the temple and marry Colette. 

"Maybe next time," Mom said. 

So, they settled for a giddy prance through the meadow. 

 This temple is so unique and beautiful.
I really loved being so close.
Yeah, I used a Kodak Easy Share lens.
{that's a little joke}

And then, back to the fountain!


{Now let's pause and feel bad for Richard, being only half way done with his exam}


{ANYWAY}
SUCKERS!
I literally strapped the kids in the stroller and wandered all over the main streets of Logan.
It was so charming.
We HAD to stop at the historic candy shop 
The Bluebird.
And the kids just couldn't leave without something sweet.

When the babies are happy,
mommy's are happy!

Colette was so excited, she insisted on showing me her huge sucker every two minutes. 

And then,
tragedy.
"UH-OH!" 

 Oh, like you wouldn't!
{Don't mind if I do}

Let's just say, those suckers left a smile on the kid's face that was really really hard to wash away. 

Then, right about now, my camera batteries died...

So in short, I went to visit my good old neighbor from Texas
JEN SOUTH
and her adorable family.
The kids ran and frolicked in her spectacular backyard.
And then just when we thought things couldn't get anymore exciting...

my phone rang...

RICHARD WAS FINISHED!

We went and picked him up, and he had steam coming out of his ears.

So, we relaxed for dinner at a local fire-oven pizza place.
Pictures wouldn't begin to describe to you how delicious it was.

But, I managed to get one more picture out of my camera
of the boy sticking the pizzas in the wood stove.

It was SO fun!

Sometimes it does so much good just to take a day exploring some place away from home.
It truly was a very fun day.

The best part is that they gave Richard a preliminary test score.
In the Math Test
They said he had between a 750-800
out of 800!

What a kid!
He deserves a big sucker too!

Comments

  1. I love exploring new places! And just so you know, Chick-fil-A is coming to Idaho Falls, right around Edward's Theater. I live in the South now where they are everywhere and in the last 6 weeks we've been a time or two...or maybe more ;) It's just so yummy. How's your pregnancy going, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they have a chick fil a in logan?!!!!! how exciting! and as always... adorable kids ash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!
    Richard a genius? Who woulda thunk? Totally kidding... sorta.

    Are you guys going to be around in December? Maybe the beginning of Jan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Just curious, why is Richard taking the GRE now and why in Logan? I was able to take mine at ISU in Pokey. By the way, tell Richard great job on the 750-800 on the math!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Logan! I've only been there once (last April for my brother's wedding) but it was so beautiful and charming I came home and demanded that Chris buy us a home with a gorgeous view. Not happening yet, but hopefully someday :) Your kids are so stinkin' adorable! I love how they hold hands and "frolic". Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I've never eaten at Chic-fil-a. Tragic, I know! We have one across the street from our complex. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day out you guys had. Those kids look like they could be twins. Congrats Richard on an awesome score!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!