"Just Like Daddy"
Parker, like most little boys, worships his father.
Lately, I have noticed his constant affinity for doing EVERYTHING like dad does.
Sunday morning I am getting him dressed, and I put on a cute light blue plaid shirt.
Parker protests adamantly with, "NO MOM! I need to wear a WHITE shirt
JUST LIKE DADDY!"
When I get him out of the tub everyday and wrap the towel around his shoulders,
he stops me with, "NO MOM, put it around my waist
JUST LIKE DADDY!"
Knowing that I don't really like doing dishes by myself,
Richard started stepping in at night to rinse off all the dishes
so he can just hand them to me to load.
{He's so cute, right?!}
Anyway, the other day, I hear the kitchen sink is on.
I walk in to see Parker rinsing off the few dishes that are there from breakfast.
He looks up at me with the proudest smile and says,
"Mom! I am washing the dishes for you,
JUST LIKE DADDY!"
Needless to say
putting on his socks,
wearing his Elmo backpack everywhere we go,
the way he watches a movie,
the folding of his shirts,
even reading a book in bed at bedtime,
all are so he can be
"JUST LIKE DADDY!"
I am perfectly okay with Parker wanting to be exactly like his dad.
And I earnestly hope that new baby boy will be just like him as well.
The more Richard's in this world the better.
I agree! The more richard's (and ashley's) the better! You guys are just too cute! Congrats on the new baby boy...I could've sworn you were gonna have a girl tho. I was thinking about names, how bout a good ol book of Mormon name like Ammon or Moroni!? Lol
ReplyDeleteOr there's always Mark!
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute!
ReplyDeleteso cute! i love this!
ReplyDeleteOh that is so sweet! A great Dad to want to be like!
ReplyDelete