january so far
Has anyone seen Bruce Wayne?
"People are gonna die, starting tonight..."
{shudder}
I don't know about you but I could only watch that movie once.
Then I had nightmares for a week that when I turned to Richard in bed,
it was really the Joker.
I can't believe I just made a joke about my daughter looking like him.
haha. anyway.
She got into my make-up
and then thoroughly enjoyed her dinner.
And then enjoyed her bath!
All better.
And just for good measure, Parker was there too.
Parker is now a Sunbeam!
A very blog-worthy event overlooked.
The Primary leaders tell me he is really good.
So who knows if he really is.
He tries to follow along with sign language songs.
One Sunday a little girl in his class was crying,
so he put his arm around her the whole time.
Then, last week he was holding another girl's hand.
Adult supervision may be in order.
He also has hit that age of cleverness at bedtime,
where you think of any and every possible question that must be asked
in order for you to have a sound night's sleep.
It started with the normal:
"Can I have a drink of water?"
"Can you sing me another song?"
"I have to go potty."
"Can we read scriptures again?"
{that last one is especially tricky}
But now he has even graduated to:
"There's a plate stuck in my drawer and I need a spoon to get it out."
what?
"I need to change my pajamas, these are too hot."
and even,
"Mom, Colette is sleeping in my bed."
But the funny thing is, that I went into his room,
and Colette really had climbed into his bed with him and fallen asleep.
A little taste of his own medicine.
Too bad I was too tired/pregnant/cranky to take a picture
because it was pretty cute the two of them in a tiny toddler bed.
As for the other little boy,
I went to my THIRTY-SEVEN week appointment today.
I am 0% dilated
0% effaced.
haha.
A girl can hope.
I really want to do the VBAC.
Apparently you HAVE to have an epidural.
So much for my bravery medal.
I'm very much relieved.
Today at the OBGYN, I actually saw a different doctor than usual.
A woman.
She immediately looked at me with scorn and said,
"So you think you're going to do a VBAC?
You better hope I'm not the doctor working when you come in,
because it will be in immediate C-section!"
"Even if I'm in labor? Isn't that sort of my decision?"
I asked.
"Do you have any idea what could happen to you?!"
She scolded me.
"If your baby is falling out when you come in, then I'd catch it.
Otherwise, it's a C-section."
"If your baby is falling out when you come in, then I'd catch it.
Otherwise, it's a C-section."
I laughed at her and said,
"Well, I sincerely hope you aren't my doctor then."
Could you be more vulgar please?
So let's all pray that she is NOT working when/if I go into labor.
I didn't like her at all.
I'm not opposed to C-sections.
They actually are very nice.
Planned.
Quick.
No alien baby heads.
But, come on, can you blame a girl for wanting to try labor just once?
I guess little man will have to decide how he wants to enter the world.
The rest of us will have to wait and see.

I love reading your blog posts. You are such a cleaver, witty writer! Alan said you should have told her to try to do a c-section, and then you would sue the heck out of them! There is risk to VBACS, but then again there are risk to every labor. I plan on doing a VBAC when we go to have another one and hope I don't end up with a doctor like that. I would ask for another one.
ReplyDeleteSo I dont really know the birth history with your other kids... Were they both c-sections? Traumatic births/difficult labors? Just curious why that lady would freak so much!
ReplyDeleteRemind me to tell you about my friend who fought to have a vbac after 3 c-sections it was great. Except now there's a sad ending to that story but I will save it for the one time you will answer you phone.
ReplyDeleteLooks like it's time for the pump! Come on sister:)
Eeewwww! That makes me so mad for you about that doctor. I think I know who it is you are talking about. Grr! I hope all goes well. Parker cracks me up :D
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so stinking cute! I miss them so much. I can't believe that Parker is a sunbeam! I am sure he is good, he always was in nursery. Wow, what a crazy doctor!
ReplyDeleteI had the same drama with my doc. except it was with all the nurses in the hospital. They all had to ask me how many previous c-sections I had and then when they found out this was my 2nd attempt at vbac after 2 previous c-sections they all glared at me like I was out of my mind and stupid for even trying again.. But my doctor warned me about it all first so I was a little prepared. I can understand their reason behind it all but I am totally on your side. I hope everything goes perfectly for you! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteAshley! I know everything will go great for you, no worries dear friend! I had the sad experience of speaking with a very very rude nurse that worked in Labor and Delivery a few hours before I went into labor. I called to see if everything was clear in the morning for my induction and she was soooo rude to me. Oddly, I went into natural labor over the night and had to go in, guess what, she was my nurse. Not even nice to me while she held my hands. Then after the doctor left, she said horrible things about him and even used the F word twice. Can you believe that? So unprofessional. anyway.. you will do great!
ReplyDeletei know you would never say this so i will say it for you, "that doctor is a be-och! (i don't know how to spell the slang b-word). i cannot believe her. talk about so rude. i am totally in support of you wanting to do a vbac & i hope everything goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteDo you know what I like about your blog? It doesn't make me feel kind of sick while I'm reading it. Because it is real, and not sickly sweet. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteAlso - aren't women OBs the worst? I have never had a man doctor say something insensitive to me but several women have. So odd. Losers.
Good luck in the next few weeks (oh, wait, hopefully only days by now!)
Also, I can't believe you approved a comment that had the word "be-och" in it..tsk tsk. :)
ReplyDelete