this year
I don't know if you noticed, but it is now 2012.
I graduated from high school eleven years ago.
So I guess now I've hit the year where I stop telling people
how long its been since I was in high school.
I didn't make any resolutions for 2011, so I can't update you on my success rate.
I guess it's a 100% by default.
My dad always said that only the mediocre are always at their best.
So, I'm pretty much awesome all the time.
To get to the point of this post,
a lot of changes have occurred in our family in 2011.
If you are not a daily stalker of my blog,
here it is in a nutshell.
We moved. We love it.
Richard started his Master's program in Mechanical Engineering.
He works full-time for the school as well, doing research.
Ashley is expecting baby #3, a boy.
{We finally picked a name, but I'm not telling}
We are still planning a VBAC.
Four weeks to go!
Parker turned three and is now in Sunbeams.
He is potty-trained after a year of bribes and fasting.
Colette turned into a two-year-old diva supreme.
She went from grunts and pointing,
to standing on the table screaming what she wants.
or telling us we are "weird."
Richard's sister, Lisa, got married.
We went to Vegas twice.
Doug and Evi came to visit.
My brother, Nick, had his fourth baby.
My sister Michelle came to visit.
My dad was the starring role in a play.
My grandpa got a new hip.
I defeated Voldemort, the Lego version anyway.
We are now officially a Blu-ray level family.
We have cumulatively gained about 50 pounds in our household.
We have cumulatively gained about 50 pounds in our household.
And lots of other stuff in between.
Now it's time to start all over again.
Okay...what an amazing year for the Skiftons!!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe Nick has 4 kids, do they have a blog? this year we have to get together when you guys come down. Yeah for Parker!!! We just started this weekend with Easton. I am stressed with it. who knew pee could be so stressful. Your family is amazing and I love keeping up with you. My mom says hi and that you are beautiful just like your Mom. Take care
Fun times! I love catching up on your cute family. Viv and Colette sound like they would be great friends :) Hope things are going well with little Woody...haha I love that you like that name. If only Ava were your child! Then you could both gang up on Richard and you would totally win! Boy names are hard to come up with! All the good ones, like Parker, are already taken :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! Is so exciting to see all the accomplishments and growing a whole year brings.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you and your family for this new year.
I defeated Voldermort as well! It looks like you had a fun crazy year. A year to potty train? You are giving me little hope.. we're on month 4 right now and we finally had to bust out the big bribes. Kids should just come potty trained.
ReplyDeleteWell, well, well.
ReplyDeleteIt has been quite a great year. We miss seeing you and the coolest grandkids in all Idaho. I'm wondering, all this blogging, are you counting this as your journal? I like it!
Good Man Parker! Grandpa has now gotta teach you something special about the toilet seat. ;-)
A Texas Size hug to all y'all.