just for friday fun
We had a much needed discussion at our house on the topic of modesty.
I explained to our kids that we cover our bodies because they are special.
And things that are special need to stay covered and safe.
Parker then asked me,
"So my face isn't special?"
Richard was blowing bubbles one day with the kids outside.
Out of all the bubbles Parker noticed that two were side by side and exactly the same size.
He excitedly pointed it out to us.
So Richard told him that they were sister bubbles.
After Richard blew more bubbles, Parker said,
"Dad these are girl bubbles!"
Colette fell down and hit her nose really hard on the pavement.
Naturally blood came gushing out of both sides.
She was crying and blood would splatter all over everytime she let out a cry.
Parker said in a sincerely terrified tone,
"Colette's turning into a MONSTER!"
Mitchell has been attempting to crawl {upcoming post}
And he will get on all fours and rock back and forth.
When he first starting doing it, Colette said,
"Uh oh Mommy! He's going to move!"
Colette came running into the house yesterday because dad was home,
and he wanted to take her for a ride.
She said, "MOM, MOM, daddy is here! I'll be right back!"
So I told her to go have fun.
Then she waved and yelled,
"Ok, see you later Grandpa!"
I'll take that as a compliment; she has pretty cool Grandpa's.
I explained to our kids that we cover our bodies because they are special.
And things that are special need to stay covered and safe.
Parker then asked me,
"So my face isn't special?"
Richard was blowing bubbles one day with the kids outside.
Out of all the bubbles Parker noticed that two were side by side and exactly the same size.
He excitedly pointed it out to us.
So Richard told him that they were sister bubbles.
After Richard blew more bubbles, Parker said,
"Dad these are girl bubbles!"
Colette fell down and hit her nose really hard on the pavement.
Naturally blood came gushing out of both sides.
She was crying and blood would splatter all over everytime she let out a cry.
Parker said in a sincerely terrified tone,
"Colette's turning into a MONSTER!"
Mitchell has been attempting to crawl {upcoming post}
And he will get on all fours and rock back and forth.
When he first starting doing it, Colette said,
"Uh oh Mommy! He's going to move!"
Colette came running into the house yesterday because dad was home,
and he wanted to take her for a ride.
She said, "MOM, MOM, daddy is here! I'll be right back!"
So I told her to go have fun.
Then she waved and yelled,
"Ok, see you later Grandpa!"
I'll take that as a compliment; she has pretty cool Grandpa's.
You make me laugh. I'm glad you got to deal witht the double bloody nose and not me. Enjoy your last few days/weeks before Mitchell becomes mobile.
ReplyDeletethese are my favorite posts... i laugh out loud every single time! I'm having a giveaway on my blog... check it out!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! It was so funny. We miss you guys and hope you are doing great.
ReplyDelete