Halloween!


My friend Celia, who took our family pictures, 
also took some great photos of our kids in their costumes.

I've been working on them for the entire month. 
I'm a slow seamstress.

I told Richard if I could go back to college, 
I would totally work in the theater costumes department.
I had that much fun doing this.

A BIG part of the ideas came from
Mary Weisse at THE WEISSE GUYS

She is my new blogging friend.
She was kind enough to respond to my emails with my questions.
I couldn't have done it without her!

Our Queen of Hearts
I saw this idea at Splendid Design
and Pouf Couture
if you don't ever feel like making it.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Ok maybe just the crown...

The White Rabbit.
Parker's was easy.
He already had the suit.
We just bought rabbit accessories.
I LOVED that I found this huge pocket watch.
It wouldn't have been the same without it.

The Cheshire Cat
Because he is so smiley!

purple dye + purple hairspray = easiest thing I've ever done.



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh, that's just me. 

I think the kids are done taking pictures.

Comments

  1. Super cute costume ideas. Parker's pocket watch is awesome, and I love Colette's lipstick. Kudos to you for making them. I'm lucky enough to have an amazing mother-in-law who enjoys sewing for my kids, so I could spend the entire month working on just my costume. I'm a super-slow seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of the best themes I have ever seen for Halloween! Your kids look AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the costumes! We miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing costumes! you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out so cute! I really wish we wouldn't have showed up so late that night so we could have seen them but really I am amazed how awesome and creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You are so great to make their costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an aweseome costume idea! That is so so so much fun.. I love that Collette wasn't Alice! Way to think outside the box! Again... talent woman, and might I add, PATIENCE... I don;t even know if I could make the tutu becuase I Feel like i never have time or the patience to keep at it! One day I will grow up and learn to be more like you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out! Glad I could help a little bit, but really you deserve the credit. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!