San Diego - Day Uno
If I haven't been blogging for a while,
it's because I've been too busy having the
BEST
VACATION
EVER!
Do you want to hear about it?
If not, sorry, because I have to blogument this,
because I don't want to forget it.
Richard was asked to come present the research he is doing
it involves a large tank with
about 2800 gallons of mineral oil
a large aluminum plate
75 pounds of quartz
and a laser
{I think he just pretends that he has a laser}
ha. just kidding.
He really does have a laser.
weird.
And I have to wash his laundry.
Just imagine!
oil stains and singe marks.
Anyway, this conference was in San Diego.
Richard said we ALL should go!
So, we did!
DAY UNO
{As they say in San Diego}
We stayed a night in Vegas at Richard's parents,
then we got up really really really really {they get it} early
to make it to the SAN DIEGO ZOO!
Richard's sister Michelle came too,
and our cousin Sinclair who is in college in Cali.
{I can say Cali now because I lived there for four days.}
We got up at 4 am, YAY!
This is a classic diner that Richard's family always stopped at on their vacations to Cali.
And it just happens to be my Mom's name!
Peggy Sue's!
Thanks for breakfast Mom!
Across the street from the diner,
they were loading all these tanks onto a huge truck
aka
a little boys fantasy island!
Obviously we had a hard time prying Parker away from that display.
Then we drove under a full double rainbow!
The vacation gods were blessing us on our journey.
ON TO THE ZOO ALREADY!
{that's how we felt in the car too}
We made it!!
a scary spider and a pesky little fly
We rode the sky tram!
The polar bears were my favorite.
They weren't purple like in Argentina, though.
Baby Polar Bear
vs.
Baby Human
We are weird.
This would be funnier if it were my sister's family
Their last name is Seal.
{arrr,arr,arr}
Been in a van, a sky tram, and a helicopter all in one day!
We better hurry along before the panda does some KungFu on Sinclair.
By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINCLAIR!
Richard being happy, and Parker being... Parker.
Nothing a little ride on a sabertooth tiger won't fix!
The hippo was Colette's favorite.
Boy that hippo has nice boots!
oh wait...
let's move along...
Then we started feeling like pioneer children
that walked and walked and walked and walked and walked...
So we hitched a ride...
A van, a sky tram, a helicopter, AND a double-decker bus all in one day!
This isn't a very flattering picture.
I guess giraffes just aren't very photogenic.
But up high in the double-decker bus is the best way to see them!
face to face
cara y cara
I'm King of the Zoo!
We literally felt like we were running over all the little people walking.
peasants.
What time did we get up?
ok you go get some rest too,
and we will see you manana for
Dia Dos!





















i have boot envy.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I'm impressed that any of you had any energy left for the rest of your vacation. I got worn out just reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteCan I just say that you guys are so cool?! Ok, you guys are so cool!
ReplyDeleteyou crack me up with your witty blogs! glad you had fun:)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! Its a dream of mine to go to the San Diego zoo someday... jealous!
ReplyDelete