Sweet Boy




Parker asked me, "Who made Mitchell's body?"
I was formulating how to explain the creation of life to a four-year-old
when it dawned on me what to say.
duh
"Heavenly Father," I responded.
He thought for a minute and then while slapping his thighs he said,
"So he just snaps them on like this?"
He lives in a Lego world, I guess.



When Parker was reflecting on all the cool costumes he saw for Halloween, 
he said to me, 
"Mom, I don't like the Spiderman Costumes."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because he is just too predictable!"
"predictable?! Do you even know what that word means?"
"yeah!"
"Like you can tell what Spiderman is going to do before he does it?"
"yeah! He is going to jump out of the air and hurt me!"
Then not five minutes go by and he asks,
"Mom can I be Spiderman next time for Halloween?"
Surrrrrrrrrrre.



Then we were watching Finding Nemo. 
The Dad, Marlin was yelling, like he always does,
and then Nemo said, "Dad, I hate you."
Parker looked at me and said, 
"That really made my ears sad when he said that!"
"Your ears?" I asked.
"Yeah, when he said that to his dad, it makes my ears hurt and be sad."



We quote movies so much at our house,
that our kids are really good at imitations.
One time, Parker said to Richard, "Dad who am I?"
Then he stood then stone still without smiling.
Richard was kind of dumbfounded, and said he didn't know.
So Parker did it again, "Dad who am I??"
Again straight-faced.
So Parker clarified...
"Dad who am I, not talking..."
Stone faced...
Richard finally said, "Parker I don't get it, who are you trying to be?"
"MITCHELL!"



I picked up some baked bread at the store one day.
Parker asked what it was and I told him, "Braided french bread... Yum!"
That night as we were eating dinner he said,
"Can I have some bearded bread now?!"




We were walking around the store
{wow, we do that a lot, eh?}
and we saw some toys for Christmas and the kids wanted to look.
We passed a table with a Lego top and
it only had on display one chair beside it.
Parker said, "Mom why is there only one chair?"
I said I didn't know.
"Is it just one chair for one woman?"
I guess he is just a natural gentlemen giving his one chair to an imaginary lady.




Colette's bed in the morning, left
vs.
Parker's bed in the morning, right...

He is usually up, dressed, bed made and playing Mario Kart with Daddy 
when I get up in the morning.

Parker LOVES making cookies with Mommy.
{He wanted these ones to be black.}
Nobody ate them. ha.


I asked Parker what did this say,
He told me, "It's my name! Parker!"
I guess I have been spelling it wrong this whole time.

IHIPHIPHPHHIPHPHHHHIPPHPDIII

Is how it should be.



He is getting really good at PreSchool and we have a lot of fun.
He says his favorite is when it is my turn to teach and we have it at our house.
{blush}

He did really well at the Primary program and said his line into the microphone.



One last Parker moment I want to share is a little more sweet and tender.
It doesn't do me a lot of credit though.
Colette was throwing a fit, in the shower, she had pooped her pants.
I was trying to get her to listen to me, and it just wasn't pretty.
To add to my stress of the moment,
Mitchell kept crawling into the bathroom and 
so I sharply said to Parker, 
"Can you get him out of here?!?"
Parker obediently picked Mitchell up and took him out.
I finished dealing with Colette, 
She calmed down finally...
meanwhile I could hear Mitchell fussing outside the door.

I opened the door to see Parker, with Mitchell on his lap,
He had a pacifier in his hand that he was trying to get Mitchell to take.
He looked up at me with giant silent tears rolling down his cheeks and said quietly,
"Mom, I can't get him to stop crying."

I immediately burst into tears at the sight of my four-year-old 
behaving so like a mature grown-up.
Far more mature than I was acting at the time.
He was so willingly carrying the heavy responsibility 
I placed on him at a moment's notice.
I hugged all my children on the floor and we cried together.
Then we laughed at how crazy the moment was, and now it was over.



This is my precious Parker.
He teaches me so very much.
I often feel that his spirit is far more mature than mine,
and that he was sent to humble me in so many ways.

Comments

  1. That last little story, the one where he was trying to help Mitchell made me tear up! What a sweet and wonderful moment and teaching opportunity. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I love that little guy! What a cute little fam. I am so glad that you did these little update posts, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last one made me cry. What a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all of your posts about your kids. I've been meaning to do a post on each of my kids for months, and obviously still haven't done it, so you are an inspiration to me. Your last story about Parker is so sweet. I'm glad you all laughed together at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!