Veteran's Day
I love Veteran's Day!
It's always been a personal favorite of mine.
That might seem strange to you, that I would have such an affinity towards the honoring of devoted war survivors...
but it's just that I'm really touched by their service to our country...
and it might slightly also be more shallowly attributed to the fact that it is MY BIRTHDAY!
TWENTY-NINE & COUNTING.......
I have one more year of my twenty's left.
I feel like I should write a bucket list or something.
I woke up feeling pretty stiff and I had to rub my knees before I stood up.
But then I looked in the mirror, and I had a new zit,
I was grateful because then I felt young again.
It's always been a personal favorite of mine.
That might seem strange to you, that I would have such an affinity towards the honoring of devoted war survivors...
but it's just that I'm really touched by their service to our country...
and it might slightly also be more shallowly attributed to the fact that it is MY BIRTHDAY!
TWENTY-NINE & COUNTING.......
I have one more year of my twenty's left.
I feel like I should write a bucket list or something.
I woke up feeling pretty stiff and I had to rub my knees before I stood up.
But then I looked in the mirror, and I had a new zit,
I was grateful because then I felt young again.
I made myself a delicious OREO cake,
but without any oreos... how do you reckon that?
Wait... I'm only turning 6?
THE PRESENTS!
I can slice or grate cheese in 10 seconds flat...
Salsa anyone?
I have wanted for these in vain for so long!
My darling handsome unbelievably adorable husband bought them for my birthday!
I never ever ever ever ever thought I would have them!
{Richard says if you sign up for the shoe newsletter for Amazon.com, you get a killer coupon!}
Tess bought me some cute clothes, which I love because she is young and trendy....
Then my sweet friend Gina gave me a beautiful scarf at church.
And the Relief Society gave me TOOTSIE ROLL PEPPERMINT suckers!!
I can't wait to try them.
We will see what comes tomorrow in the mail!!
The birthday that keeps on giving!!
I can honestly say that this is my best birthday this year!
Now I said I would give my kids their own posts,
So sorry to interrupt the sequence, but I'm kind of important.
{just kidding}
Colette is up next...
Coming soon!







I thought of you yesterday on your special day. Looks like you've had a wonderful day. Hope you have many more!! Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I'm thrilled that you had such a great birthday. Your Oreo cake looks amazing. Too bad I live too far away to invite myself over for the leftovers, assuming there are any :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday my twin! I hope you had a fantastic day! Also, your family is still one of my favorite to photograph :)
ReplyDelete