i love you, but...
Pinterest.
How I have enjoyed getting to know you.
Our acquaintance quickly escalated into a love affair.
Truly, if you follow me on Pinterest, you can see how much I love to pin.
{If you don't shame, shame - you better start!}
BUT, I wanted to point out a few little elements about Pinterest
that sort of drive me crazy.
Then when I get it out in the open, maybe I'll feel better.
#1- adding phrases like "on crack" at the end of a recipe to emphasize its delicious quality
Do you really know what it's like to be on crack? really?
If you are suggesting to me that by making this recipe I will become hopelessly addicted,
resulting the spontaneously selling of my precious valuables, including my children, in order to repeatedly purchase the ingredients to make it again and again,
I think I'll pass on pinning this one, thanks.
I purposely will never pin a recipe that feels it needs to emphasize it's value by comparing it's appeal to illegal street narcotics.
#2- I don't even need to use a word for this one, I will just say - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh you poor over-punctuated pins.
I know you really aren't that excited.
It can't be good for your blood pressure to endure all those exclamations forced upon you.
#3- The absolute worst, most annoying element of Pinterest ever,
is the overuse of hyperbolic exaggerations.
{like what I just did, get it?}
So, this is the the number one most pinned, most delicious, most popular, most sought after pin in the history of prehistoric thumbtacks until now?
Pinners have been scavenging the cosmos to find this exact replication of ingredients
and if you don't pin it now,
it will dissolve into useless internet energy never to be discovered again.
I think someone's trying to compensate for something here.
So that's it.
Well, my top three at least.
And don't worry, "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."
Pinterest and I are working out our differences
and plan to keep each other happy for a very long time.
So, like I've said before, I'll follow yours, if you follow mine,
How I have enjoyed getting to know you.
Our acquaintance quickly escalated into a love affair.
Truly, if you follow me on Pinterest, you can see how much I love to pin.
{If you don't shame, shame - you better start!}
BUT, I wanted to point out a few little elements about Pinterest
that sort of drive me crazy.
Then when I get it out in the open, maybe I'll feel better.
#1- adding phrases like "on crack" at the end of a recipe to emphasize its delicious quality
really turns me off.
If you are suggesting to me that by making this recipe I will become hopelessly addicted,
resulting the spontaneously selling of my precious valuables, including my children, in order to repeatedly purchase the ingredients to make it again and again,
I think I'll pass on pinning this one, thanks.
I purposely will never pin a recipe that feels it needs to emphasize it's value by comparing it's appeal to illegal street narcotics.
#2- I don't even need to use a word for this one, I will just say - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh you poor over-punctuated pins.
I know you really aren't that excited.
It can't be good for your blood pressure to endure all those exclamations forced upon you.
#3- The absolute worst, most annoying element of Pinterest ever,
is the overuse of hyperbolic exaggerations.
{like what I just did, get it?}
So, this is the the number one most pinned, most delicious, most popular, most sought after pin in the history of prehistoric thumbtacks until now?
Pinners have been scavenging the cosmos to find this exact replication of ingredients
and if you don't pin it now,
it will dissolve into useless internet energy never to be discovered again.
I think someone's trying to compensate for something here.
So that's it.
Well, my top three at least.
And don't worry, "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."
Pinterest and I are working out our differences
and plan to keep each other happy for a very long time.
So, like I've said before, I'll follow yours, if you follow mine,
Yes and when the link takes you to a Google search, or a recipe in a different language, or just the picture, or to the website but not the exact post, or to a completely different website, or when it says it's a free pattern but it's not. Yeah, you're right it is nice to get it out in the open. Yet I'm happily pinning basically every day :-)
ReplyDeleteOK, I laughed so hard when I read about the recipes "on crack." In fact, I had to read it out loud to Lorin. I've yet to find a recipe that makes me want to sell my valuables and child to buy more ingredients.
ReplyDeleteMy peeve is when people pin something that say "pin now read later". Wait, what? You're telling me this is an awesome link but you haven't even read it yourself? Oh Pinterest!
ReplyDeleteI actually refuse to click on anything described as "best pin," or involving the word crack. I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's stupid how much it irritates me, but it really is annoying!
ReplyDeleteSo incredibly excited that you'll be in Logan! What for? Is Richard doing an internship? I can't wait!
So I'm not the only one! I won't click on those "most pinned" ones either.
ReplyDelete