The Shortcut

Colette has been begging me to get a "shortcut"
like Hannah, her adorable cousin. 
Hannah has a little bob. 

While I love Hannah's cute hair, 
I LOVE that Colette's hair has gotten really long.



See??
I have been trying and trying to talk her out of it. 
But, I was completely outnumbered.
Everyone
-Richard, Parker and Colette-
were all trying to convince me to let Colette chop off her hair. 

So, I finally caved in.

Even though I'm the one who does her hair...

even though I always had really short hair as a little girl,
and didn't want Colette to feel the way I did wishing I could have long hair...

even though I knew she might regret it as soon as it was done...

even though I have waited many, many years to have a little doll, 
er, I mean daughter with long hair to comb and curl and style for fun.

We went and got a "shortcut"


This is her haircutting face.

There it goes!
This is where I start freaking out.
MOMZILLA!
{read more about that here.}
Right Sarah?

By the way, 
that's my little sister TESS cutting her hair. 
She is a student at Paul Mitchell.


I wish Colette weren't so excited about this!

Go ahead, 
tell me how cute it is.
I was too busy crying my eyes out at this point.

I have to admit I love a short curly bob.



So yes, while it is a very cute haircut, 
that very much suits my spunky, tom-boy daughter,

I'm still in a bit of shock about it.

I really miss doing braids, and buns, and pigtails, 
and all the other fun hairstyles you can try with long hair.

But Colette LOVES IT!
And we live to please our children, don't we. 

She'd be cute even if she was bald, really,
just like when she was a baby!






{P.S.}
See my bowl cut?
Everyday until Junior High.


haha.
It was cute though too.

Comments

  1. Awww! She is a cutie with long or short hair! Haha! Momzilla is right! I would be freaking out too. I'm very protective of Miranda's hair (even though she doesn't have much). We have some friends here who had their sister babysit their daughter. When they came back to pick up their daughter, they discovered that the sister had taken the initiative to cut their little girl's hair without asking. Needless to say, they were pretty upset. I'm glad you had time to prepare yourself before the big cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you allowed it... it is sooooo cute! Your sister did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I'll probably cry the day ruby wants to cut her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a super cute haircut! I wish my girls would be excited for a short haircut and not freakout at any mention of even a trim. I'm sick of washing and brushing it, especially since they hardly ever let me try any cute hairstyles on them. Headbands, single ponytails and a single braid down the back are their hairstyles of choice. I'm glad Colette loves her haircut, and I'm impressed that she lets you curl it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!