preschool
We love when it is our turn to do preschool at our house!
I thought I would share some of the fun activities that the kids really loved.
I thought I would share some of the fun activities that the kids really loved.
THE ADDING DICE GAME
1. I made dice from Kleenex boxes before hand.
I just used free brown paper bags from the grocery store,
and colored circle stickers from the office section at Wal-Mart.
2. The kids take turns rolling the dice.
3. We count one dice at a time, and then count them all together to see what they add up too.
4. We made a chart 1-12 and kept track of all the numbers we added together.
5. This way the kids learn how to add and how to recognize the numbers written as well.
{obviously for 1 we just had to roll one die.}
THE CHOCOLATE COUNTING GAME
This is similar to the dice game, but more hands on.
1. I made chocolate chip cookie dough, minus the chips.
2. I gave each child three balls of cookie dough and two small bowls.
One bowl with white chocolate and the other with milk chocolate chips.
3. We rolled the dice one at a time.
The first die roll was how many chocolate chips to put on one cookie,
then the second die roll was how many white chocolate chips to put on.
4. Then we counted all the chips on the cookie to see what they add up too.
5. I would also ask the kids which had more, the white or the milk chocolate.
So they start to see the comparisons of less and more.
6. We kept playing until all the cookies had chips on them.
Then we baked them and ate them!
MUSICAL SIGHT WORDS
1. I wrote common sight words on six pieces of paper.
2. We reviewed each word and what it said before we began playing.
3. I put all the words on the floor together.
4. We played music as the kids ran around the words in circles.
5. I stopped the music and would say one of the sight words.
6. Then all the kids race to find the right word.
We played this for a long time.
The kids really loved it.
It was the most successful sight word game I've played in Preschool yet.
I'll be sure to keep you posted on more at home Preschool activities!
Have fun!



What fun preschool games. I especially like the dice one. I might have to do that one with my kids this summer.
ReplyDelete