and again...
I'm sorry,
but I have to post some more funny things my kids have said
that have made me laugh in the last couple days.
My funny journal is running out of room.
The kid's were looking online with me at Zulily.
We saw some outdoor inflatable swimming pool/slide/sprinkler monstrosities.
They were about $300+
Colette naturally asked, "MOM! Can we have one of those?!"
I naturally said, "Colette, they cost a lot of money."
She said, "Well, I have lots of money."
Parker then butted in, "Colette, you don't have enough money for that. You would have to save for a long time, and even then we would have to get it at Wal-Mart."
Parker and Colette had been playing outside for only about five minutes,
when Parker came running inside.
"I don't need to play outside," he said, "I have Nintendo."
When Parker woke up this morning,
his fitted sheet had come off the bottom corners of his bed.
He came in our room and asked Richard,
"Dad, will you come help me fix my bed? It's playing games!
Look at it! Last night the bed said, 'I'm going to trick Parker,'
and it snapped me on my legs!"
well, mostly just NO.
It's confusing because even if he wants something he will nod NO.
But it is pretty hilarious when all the kids are watching Dora,
and she will say, "Do you want to go over to the barn?"
And Mitchell emphatically nods, "NO."
"Do you see Swipper?" NO.
"Will you help me get saved from the Spanish speaking Piranhas?" NO.
He will continue to nod NO to every.question.she.asks.
I'm sick for thinking it,
but it makes me happy to finally have a child that disagrees with her.
Take that Dora. Tomar que Dora.
Mom, this is a private phone call.
Am I even getting reception in here?

I love the idea of keeping a funny journal. It is easy to forget all the wacky things kids do. Way to say no to Dora, Mitchell. That show drives me bonkers sometimes!
ReplyDeleteAh I have missed your blog - I always laugh out loud at your posts. Awesome.
ReplyDelete