Swim Lessons
We found ourselves lucky enough to have daily access to a pool this summer.
So I took it upon myself to teach my toddlers how to swim.
So that the level of my irrational worries would greatly decrease.
and they have(n't)
I found a great website, U SWIM
that has online videos to teach you how to teach your kids how to swim.
They are an Australian based company,
and so when Richard and I were looking it up he said,
"Step One: Swim around the continent."
ha.
So these are the steps we came up with for successful swim lessons.
Step One: Look Awesome
check.
double check.
Step Two: Approach the pool with confidence
Step Three: Basic Back Floating
Step Four: The Pencil Jump
Step Five: Uhh, whatever it is that Colette is doing.
Now that we've learned how to swim...
Let the races begin!
THE WINNER!
Or you could follow Mitchell's alternative method to swimming:
Scream bloody murder when you get slightly damp,
and then stay wrapped up in a towel on a lounge chair the entire time.
I am being silly, of course, but the website actually does have great steps,
and I was surprised how quickly my kids soared through them.
Now going to the pool is so much more fun
since I don't have three kids clinging to me for dear life.
I think we are ready for Phase 2 of swimming lessons.
Swimming at Bear Lake!
(by the way this is a substantial clue to uncovering the secret behind our summer)
testing out the waters
It was pleasantly warm and clean.
It looks very rocky, but right on the shore was actually quite a bit of sand.
Other shores were complete sand,
but they were crowded.
And I like swimming by people I don't know
about as much as I like swimming by sharks.
We had a great afternoon there,
it was worth the drive.
We survived the journey home,
during which Parker noted that everything looked very "bear-ish"
...at...bear...lake...













I could Bear lee keep from laughing while I read your blog. I was Roaring w/ laughter.
ReplyDeleteI glad you're having so much fun. It's like an adventure . . . . every day!
I love the Bear Lake area.
BEST PIC EVER OF COLETTE at the end! I love kids sleeping in random places!
ReplyDelete