JANUARY
Oh, what do you do in the wintertime when all the world is FROZEN...
check on your New Year's Resolution...
Play hopscotch with the Preschoolers...
I would roll a 10 sided die, and then they had to jump to that number.
Parker is Number ONE...
"His shoes are number one...
His face is number one...
His smile is number one..."
Parker made Link out of playdough...
Complete with a killer sword
Colette made a sun, and well, some other things...
OUR BEST ADVENTURE IN JANUARY WAS...
ICE FISHING!
Yep, that's my Vegas city boy...
ice fishing
Colette doesn't really need a pole,
she just rips the fish up with her bare hands...
Tiny little perch...
Awwww or Ewwww
Parker hardly had success, poor thing.
(Between you and me, it's hard to catch a fish if you can't hold still
for longer than 15 seconds...)
Mitchell's not sure about this...
And naturally, after about an hour, he stumbled into a watery hole.
Which was not fun.
The hole isn't big enough that he could fall all the way in...
Just enough for his left leg to be miserable and cold...
TIME TO GO HOME!
Sled lift back up to the van.
Walking on a frozen pond is very nerve wracking.
It cracks and creaks.
I had to put out of my mind every movie I've seen
where someone falls through the ice.
The ice is seriously 15 inches deep so it couldn't happen here.
Still, I was glad to go back to solid ground after an hour.
How fun! I've put my leg down an ice fishing hole before too. Poor Mitchell!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! When did Parker turn from toddler to little boy? He is so grown up.
ReplyDelete