More Easter Coundown

Easter Countdown continues...

I won't bore you with the day to day details.
As you can imagine it is a lot of small things, 
Scriptures, books with bunnies in them, and random things like that.

But I do like to include occasionally a  hands on craft or treat that the kids can make.

This week, we made bunny masks.
I was going for something that I saw here... 

If you have paper plates and cotton balls, you are set.
Plus a fuzzy nose, whiskers, and a stick to hold it up to your face.

It took some reinforcing at the back because it was so heavy. 
But this little trick did the, well, trick.

Here comes Peter Cottontail...
and his little sister.

Mitchell was napping and didn't get to make one,
and boy does everyone know about it.

His favorite new phrase is, 
"MITCHELL'S TURN!"

"Did you get my close-up, Mom?"

"And now this side..."

"Alright, that will do."
"Am I cuter as a bunny or a boy?"



Richard also had the pleasure of hosting our annual ward
POTATO DERBY

Yes, here in Hickville, USA we make our derby cars out of potatoes,
basically because they are more plentiful than oxygen.
We could pave our streets with them.
But then our streets would smell funny and start sprouting eyes.


Colette engineered her car all by herself.
"two wheels mom!"
She's a girl that knows what she wants.
It's more of a Segway than a racecar, 
but it's cute.

Even with the large spikes coming out of the side to destroy her competitors.


Potato with attitude


This unfortunate looking car which was not engineered nor built by anyone with whom I am acquainted with nor related too just so happens to be the champion derby car.
I simply took a picture of it so as to find further fault with it.
Colette should have won.


There were several good ideas.
Like the big wheel tricycle...

The stretch limousine...


But the life of a potato is always a win-win.
You either become the champion derby car of all root growing vegetables,
or you become delicious deep-fried french fries.



Fried scones too!


Don't mind if I do!



And with any "Spring" outdoor activity in Idaho, 
you need a warm fire.

Some of us just couldn't handle all the excitement.

Now you know what to do if you are ever bored
or overrun by a surplus of potatoes,
or both.

Comments

  1. You are so creative! I love seeing all the ideas you come up with for your kids. Just to let you know I might steal one or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I love the countdown idea, great idea for next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!