Marching on...

March has made us happy not just with what it brings, 
but what it has taken away.
Of course I'm referring to SNOW!
Good riddance!

Oh wait... except now there's mud.
everywhere.

Here's the snapshots of fun we are having as the weather warms up for us.

Colette and Richard went on a Daddy/Daughter date.
It was put on by her school and they had food and dancing.
Richard said most of the Dads were dancing and having a blast,
while most of daughters stood around embarrassed, pretending not to know them. 


My evil plans for our home are all slowly progressing.
I installed a big metal grid board in the boys room. 
They also love the glowing phases of the moon light in the corner.
I just finished a chalkboard wall...
pictures next time.


And we make Mitchell sleep on the rug.
haha...
Believe it if you want to.

Since we are on the subject of Mitchell,
we recently attended the KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP!
We got him registered and all signed-up for next FALL!
I couldn't be more excited for him.
In order to register at the current elementary school we are going to,
he needed to take an oral test.
(yeah, I'm not in the ghetto anymore)
After waiting an hour for our turn,
they finally took Mitchell back for his "assessment."

I wasn't nervous, because, 
ummm, 
I don't care about the assessment of my child that hasn't even started school yet,
But then when he came smiling out of the classroom, 
the teacher's aid handed me the "results" of his test.
She said he did not miss ONE!
100%
She said in all her years working at the school she has never seen a perfect score 
from a kid who hasn't even started school yet.
I was just so proud of my little man.
I don't want to sound like I'm bragging.
But, come on! That's something to remember.

I know perfectly well that it has very little to do with me.
He is just naturally clever.
Slower than Christmas getting anything done, 
but apparently very clever.

When I asked him in the van,
"How in the world did you get so smart?!?!"
He quickly answered,
"From going to Grandma Skifton's house so much."

Not just book smarts either.


And he does one-handed push-ups, soo.... 


In the world of Britta, we have frilly dressy, sparkly nails, and ...


Always finding high heels.
I didn't think I even owned any of those anymore, but she finds them!
She is my little girly, girl.
"Pretty" is one of her new favorite words.


While that is true, with her love of poofy dresses and shoes,
she would always much rather be naked.
At home, stores, church, or wherever,
she will come up to me pulling on her clothes and say, "OFF!"
She just likes to be au naturale.


Also, I have mentioned in the past of a bad incident where Britta hit her face on a stool.
She "lost" a tooth that we found out was actually shoved back into her gums.
Well, happily, the tooth is growing back as it should, without any permanent damage.
Just slightly crooked. 


Speaking of teeth.
Colette has a loose tooth.
She is trying to get it out...


Needless to say, hemophobia got the better of her, and the tooth is still attached.


When we moved into this house, we learned that the family who lived here a few years ago left their cat.
I'm not a huge cat person.
I'm not even a little cat person,
but we've been trying to put out food and things to provide for the pet we inherited.


We don't see it for weeks on end.
But then there she is!
Richard finally tempted her with some food to come and be petted
and fed by her new masters.
We'll see if we can coax her into our family.



Now the following images contain graphic content.
Which naturally means we are playing
BEAN BOOZLED!
(I hate that game)








No harm done in the end.
But throwing half chewed vomit flavored jelly beans down my garbage disposal is no picnic.



Puzzle time!
Britta prefers Parker's company to any other of the kids.


Look how big she is getting!


And Parker!


Mitchell hoarding all the money.
I guess that is what Monopoly literally means.


And sweet Colette helping me cook dinner.


It looks like we have all survived a terrible winter.
I'm so excited for the welcoming of Spring.
I'm ready to dig into the dirt and pull out all our weeds.
I'm ready to plant beautiful things and make our landscaping look incredible!

Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show for it soon!

Comments

  1. Gosh your kids are getting so big! Love the house updates too

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute ash! you're so creative!! love that grid wall:) love to see pics of the kiddos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!