Parker is Nine

I love celebrating birthdays.
Every year I can't believe how much Parker has grown,
but I think #9 takes the cake.

He has become such a polite and helpful young man
He has truly become a friend to me
We can talk about very sincere and deep things
He can share real fears and dreams
He laughs at Richard and I's jokes!
He has really grown up in just one year

He requested a number 9 cake 
(not with a curved 9 but a straight 9)
Completely covered in Skittles

Let's just say I'm glad my Grandma called during the middle of making this
because it helped pass the excruciating amount of time it took placing all those candies.
But the question remains, was it any good?
Skittles? Hello!
It was delicious.


We had a few new kids from our neighborhood over,
and a few old friends from across town also.


Slip N' Slide!


Here's the prep...


...AND BLOW those candles out!!!
I hope all your wishes come true!


I've really come to rely on Parker.
He is such a strength to me.
He loves to play Legos.
He loves to play video games.
He quit guitar this year.
He quit piano this year.
He is picking up on basketball.
He loves cooking and has mastered scrambled eggs,
pancakes, french toast, and blueberry muffins.
He loves to read NON-fiction, which I love about him.
He is recently really getting into Harry Potter and The Hobbit.
(I consider those Non-Fiction)

He has a very quirky sense of humor.
He isn't afraid to be different,
and actually has a lot of characteristics of leadership.
Today at his party,
he planned,
he organized,
and he executed
the party plan all by himself.
I just stood there by the cake.
He gave me detailed plans in advance for all the events,
the cake decoration,
and the guest list.

It's like his superpower.

I'm so proud of him.
We love this incredible little soul 
who, in some ways, is far wiser than his parents.
Happy Birthday to my #1 boy!

Comments