Call Him Daddy
Tomorrow is the big day.
The birth of baby #5.
I love getting all the credit and attention,
but we all know it couldn't have happened without one other person.
My perfect husband who is always by my side.
It was on Richard's birthday that we were allowed to hold Parker for the first time.
He was only 6 days old.
But Richard visited him very frequently while I was still in recovery at another hospital an hour away.
The first time he held Colette was also on his birthday.
Mainly because it was her birthday too.
They have a special bond because of it.
Sharing a pink cake every year will do that.
Then came Mitchell.
Who everyone says is Richard's exact replica.
A tiny clone.
And Britta filled the ER with the loudest of all the screams I'd ever heard.
It's almost like I can still hear her screaming even now...
maybe because she is.
After three years she still can find any injustice to throw a tantrum about.
So many funny moments have come this week as we are all so anxious to see what the next member of our family will be like.
We were watching a documentary about old inventions from the early 1900's
like the Wright brothers and the airplane...
Colette asked the question, "Well, how did they make babies back then?"
The same way they do now, kid.
We've had so many wonderful people ask us what do we need?!
With baby #FIVE that is a very hard question to answer since we have so much stuff.
So Richard came up with the perfect response:
He tells people to get us a hospital gift card!
As I get out all the old baby stuff,
Britta is naturally very curious about it all.
I was putting tiny soap samples on the tub and she asked what it was for.
I said so that we can wash the baby.
She proceeded to look around and then asked,
"Well, where's her little shower?"
The kids were all arguing about whether or not it is possible for a person to have a 9 pack abs.
They were all bragging as to their personal accomplishment,
"I have a 6 pack"
"Oh yeah, well I have an 8 pack!"
Richard responded,
"Yeah, well I have a backpack!"
We were leaving for church, and hadn't even made it halfway down the road
when Britta exclaimed with great anxiety,
"WAIT! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!"
When we all looked at her she said,
"I forgot my chapstick!!!"
It was precious for a three year old to care so much about that!
Now that Britta is potty trained, she has gotten into the bad habit
of not putting her pants back on after she goes to the bathroom.
When I told her one day to go get her pants on, she asked,
(as if she needs a justifiable reason to wear clothes...)
"Are we going to get the kids from school?"
"NO."
"Are we going to go see Daddy?"
"NO, but we just wear pants even if we are just staying home.
It's just what people do, Britta, EVERYONE wears pants..."
to which she responded,
"EXCEPT ME!"
Well, thanks for helping me diffuse some of my anxiety about tomorrow with some good laughs.
I love my family, and I hope this little baby girl is just as funny as all the other crazy Skiftons.









Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!