Awards and Accolades
Our summer of hard work paid off in a lot of ways.
Sometimes it was an awesome pool in the backyard,
sometimes it was being heralded and applauded in front of your peers.
Such is the case for Parker.
He completed all he needed for Cub Scouts to receive his
ARROW of LIGHT
He takes scouts very seriously.
This really meant a lot to him.
I posted this picture not because of Parker, or Richard, or even me...
Check out the kid next to me.
Isn't that the best "I'm not looking at your camera" face!
The honorable face painting.
Good thing I've been practicing.
Now he's got all the markings of an official boy scout!
Wait-- Why does this paint say permanent on the bottle?
All the boys with their awesomely real arrows
and their sweet Cubmaster Sister Skoy.
She is a cafe espresso wrapped up into an old woman's body.
Some awards came in different forms that night.
So in a way, we all won something!
Then there's Richard.
He presented a poster explaining the new invention he's come up with this year.
Yes he put an iPad in the middle of the foam board! So Cool!
Well, needless to say, he easily won first place among his peers.
We came just to see the poster display and as soon as Jackie and I walked up to him they announced,
"First place goes to RICHARD SKIFTON!"
It was epic.
It looked like we were in the know or something and showed up at just the right time.
But really our presence had more to do with the mini muffins than the posters...
I just wanted to blogument the accomplishments of my sweet boys this summer.
It was a proud moment on all accounts.
Especially Britta finishing that S'more.






Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!