Hill Family Reunion 2019

I want to take you back to Summertime!
July 2019

We are working our bottoms off to prepare our rugged backyard into a swimming paradise.
Why?
Because we somehow agreed to host TWO family reunions this summer within a couple weeks of each other.

We built a retaining wall, shoveled about 100 wheel barrels full of dirt and gravel, poured 19 small slabs of concrete, laid 600 square feet of sod, and filled 1200 gallons of water into our pool. 

We still weren't quite finished (with landscaping I don't think you ever are)
but it was pretty dang good if you ask me.

Lovely.


Before...

Before...

Before...


But let's DIVE IN to the REUNION!
HILL FAMILY 2019

Grandma's ready,
are you?!


Everyone had such a blast in the pool!

No Sage Brush! No Rocks!
Just wide open pavement, beautiful wooden steps, and a cool pool. 

It's almost like we live somewhere warm.


This was our first experience actually being able to use our basement patio.
Instead of being a graveyard for tumbleweeds, in a tomb of large rocks,
it is an open and warm place to watch the kids swim and eat as a family.

(Am I overselling this?) 
ok, no more boasting about our awesome yard that we worked super hard on for hours and hours...


Colette and Hannah reunion!
They always just pick up where they left off.


Inspired by the events of the reunion, I was "brushing" up on my face painting skills.
It's still not at the level where you charge people...
but it's better than it used to be!


Spider-Man for Parker
(you shouldn't be surprised by now)


Robot-man
(Mitchell loved this one so much, he wants me to do it for Halloween!)


Nessie, you know, from LochNess.


Spider (without the -man)


White tiger


Pirate


Another beautiful butterfly!



We always love getting together with family, and every time I see our new back porch,
I remember Michelle and Richard lifting all the sod out of the trailer,
Anji smoothing the concrete to perfection, 
Jonah supervising all the work like a true future politician. 
Even when Uncle Stan was visiting, he helped shovel and push the wheel barrel at 90 years old. 
 That was inspiring and unforgettable.
But the hard work was almost more fun than the actual party.
Because we were together, laughing and feeling the rewards of our effort.

I love the Skifton's!

Comments