Vacation to Wherever -- DAY THREE!
It's Spring Break
DAY THREE!
Where can we be?
THANKSGIVING POINT
is our destination today.
We've had enough country,
it's to the city to play!
It was an amazingly windy day.
Our first stop was the bug exhibit!
These bugs are fun!
In a few weeks she'll be a butterfly!
It took 12 pictures for her to finally look at the camera!
Black widow!!!
Oh scary!
Oh scary!
Simulating how many pounds of dung we can move as a family.
Awww, family goals.
The butterfly atrium...
Colette was the butterfly whisperer.
They would fly right up to her.
Maybe it's the delicious cherries on her nails!
Britta had some good luck too.
Parker giving it a try...
Now you see it, now you don't!
Cora was a little skittish, but eventually had a hold also!
It's no surprise Richard is also good at catching them,
he's SO SWEET!
😍
You won't see any pictures of Mitchell...
(apparently he has a little known phobia of bugs...
even butterflies!)
😂
ONTO: THE DINOSAUR EXHIBIT!
This was all about archeology,
Richard and I's newest favorite hobby!
And by hobby,
I mean watching shows of other people doing archeology
not doing it ourselves.
ha.ha.
So check out TIME TEAM on Amazon Prime.
It's really fun!
Colette reminding me she needs a pedicure.
Speaking of archeologists! Look at these handsome blokes!
Little foot's final resting place.
It is in a great valley too.
RUN!
Where's my family!
A great hands on kid experience teaching about erosion!
So fun!
So fun!
Time for our 3D IMAX DINOSAUR MOVIE!
It was thrilling!
I wondered why she never jumped when the dinosaurs slashed through the screen!
UP and at 'em to go ride the little ponies!
I know I said we were in the city now,
but this is what city people do
they tie up country farm animals to ride because it's "cute"
haha.
Speaking of cute!
Mitchell followed closely by Colette!
This poor little guy is struggling under the weight of the ginormous Parker.
NOW,
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE MUSEUM
of CURIOSITY?
Vacuum shoots to everywhere!
Can you jump as high as a tree frog?
Didn't I say he was ginormous!
WIND TUNNEL!
60 MPH!
Phantom of the Opera?
And of course, we couldn't just sit idly on ground level.
We had to climb to the very top rope course!
Britta had to go with an adult.
Richard chickened...
Richard chickened...
No camera's were allowed... so this is as close as you'll get.
Let's just say, I was genuinely scared.
But I couldn't show it because then Britta would be scared...
She did a very brave job!
Parker won a special boondoggle keychain because
he spotted all ten secret monster stickers on the rope course.
I wasn't looking for those!
I was trying NOT to look down!!
But I think the victory went to his head.
When we got back down,
he built himself a kingdom
with a throne.
I spy my little Cora!
We dropped in at Sam's Club for a few supplies...
Mitchell and I got distracted at the pastry counter...
Mitchell suddenly falls face first into the PIES!
I was about to blurt something motherly like
"WHAT THE CUSS!?"
But he quickly looked up so embarassed
and said,
"I THOUGHT THAT HAD GLASS ON IT!"
He was intending to just rest his head on the glass and look.
Well, one pie was pretty well smashed.
The only ethical thing to do was to buy it and eat it ourselves.
Thanks Mitch!
😏
The end of the night was the most special for us,
we dropped in our own wonderful friends
THE MATTHEWS FAMILY!
These sweet kids had PRESCHOOL together!
And now they are semi-grown up!
Sadie also shares Parker's affinity for skateboarding,
so... we'll keep you posted where that leads.
😉
Mitchell and Kaden made their friendship complete by sharing Minecraft worlds.
I adore my best friend Celia!
You won't find a more genuine, beautiful and talented person in this world.
I'm very grateful to have her.
After a great visit and dinner.
we make our final stretch back to Idaho Falls.
Finally we know our next destination,
no more guessing.
And, are we surprised by now to see Cora sleeping?















































Looks like you had an amazing time! Love your pants Ashley!
ReplyDelete