Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We had an epic year for Trick or Treating!
We celebrated Halloween all day on Saturday.
(Hallow's Eve, get it?)


We went to the U-Pick Barn,
not for pumpkins,
but CHIMNEY CAKES!
Doug and Evi had set up their shop their for the month.
The kids had a blast riding trains...


Sliding down the hay bales..


Even though it said one at a time and not head first...
we were living on the edge!

They were also blasting candy cannons!
We discovered that the Milk Duds flew the farthest,
because no matter how far away we happened to be standing,
they came and whacked us in the head.
I love Milk Duds, so I didn't mind that much.


Welcome to the COSTUME PARADE!

Britta as my little scarecrow!


She was Hermione at school,
but she discovered there were too many Hermione's for her taste.
So when we went trick-or-treating she made a quick change.
Luckily, I come from theatrical parents who taught me 
how to have a stash of costumes for any given opportunity.


And here's my little doggie!
Colette got her all ready for me!
They are great pals, those two.


Thug life!
Colette was a scarecrow at school,
but similar to Britta found there were too many scarecrows for her taste,
so trick-or-treating turned her into a gangsta...
A Monolithic Domes Gangsta?


LINK!
Mitchell saved up his money to buy his own costume!
He looks pretty legit.
We are still at the wooden shield phase,
and have yet to find the master sword,
but if you've played the Legend of Zelda,
you'll still appreciate it.


And now let's
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-UEL!
My son, the anime enthusiast
went as Yu-Gi-Oh!
He nailed this costume!
He even 3D printed his own Millennium Puzzle necklace!
Comic Con here we come!

I guess it's a card game
that was also a show in my day about cartoons playing the card game
but everything is real and epic.
I seemed to have breezed right past this in my childhood,
but my kids are OBSESSED with it.
And now all the Emo girls at school are obsessed with Parker.


And of course,
the wicked witch is back!
We had a church trunk or treat,
and I just have to scare the primary children!
I send one nursery kid running!
Heeeeeeheeeeheeheehee!

We took Lara and Jake trick or treating with us,
and met up with Lara and Connell and their cute kids!
It was an epic day of candy, family and fun!
Now I get to pick up all the hidden Reese's wrappers for the next month.


EXCITING DEVELOPMENT!
We got to meet the famous author
BRANDON MULL
at a book signing at Barnes and Noble.

It was really exciting for me to stand in line for several hours 
to meet someone who has 
ACTUALLY MADE IT! 
Good for you, man! 
Keep writing...

Comments

  1. Oh man, Miriam would be in heaven to go to a Brandon Mull book signing! She was even looking up locations and kept asking if I would ask my sister or mom to go because he was signing books in their towns. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!