California -- Day Three
Allow me to introduce you to
The Torres Family
I know you've already met,
Cora's favorite, Jose!
While in California,
his family very graciously invited us over for dinner!
his family very graciously invited us over for dinner!
And Sinclair graciously volunteered us to make some barbecue ribs!
haha.
I'm always down for ribs, so it was the best!
haha.
I'm always down for ribs, so it was the best!
(P.S. Check out Mitchell's SUNBURN!
Booooo, Huntington Beach!)
Now, let me tell you something about this house.
Rosa, dear Rosa,
you can come decorate my home ANYTIME!
It was Spanish, modern, elegant, and exploding with class.
I absolutely am obsessed with this house!
I should have taken more pictures for inspiration.
It was Spanish, modern, elegant, and exploding with class.
I absolutely am obsessed with this house!
I should have taken more pictures for inspiration.
Cora and her chocolate teeth are in the way...
but this dining room! So posh.
The art, the vases, the furniture!
It was all so breathtaking!
Look at this pool!
I told Rosa it looked like a resort,
and I loved her response,
"No Ashley, it is better!"
Too true.
Richard spent most of the night in this cozy oasis.
There was a cozy place to sit everywhere you turned.
An outdoor dining room and outdoor kitchen.
I have no words.
Jose was a lucky kid to have grown up here.
These lucky kids had the best day of their lives!
The best part was the pool was shaded
since Huntington Beach left us all quite sunburned!
This was just cool relief!
Britta taking the plunge on the diving board!
Cora still thinking about it,
in fact, she spent most the night thinking about it.
Rosa finally yelled,
"Just jump already!"
And she did.
Cora and Rosa became good friends that night.
Cora has that way.
She would say, "Rosa watch me!"
Then do something really lame...
Rosa would say, "Is that it? Come on!"
haha. They were cracking me up.
I was having so much fun!
I thought the food was great,
(except the mac 'n' cheese because they only had almond milk...)
the pool was luxurious,
but the company was better.
These are the best people in California, easily.
They immediately welcomed us like family,
and we got the royal treatment in every way!
There is a REALLY funny story about something
that happened while we were there.
It was a total Steve Martin moment,
a cluster cuss,
but I'm not yet ready to expose the truth on the internet.
This paragraph will just serve as my personal reminder,
so I can snicker to myself...
Maybe when Britta is married, I'll tell.
Not that it involved her...
it was completely my fault...
enough clues!
These cuties rode around town with Sinclair and Pablo!
We went to an incredible bakery to get desserts for the dinner.
So delish and very affordable for California!
It was right across the street from Knott's Berry Farm.
THANK YOU to the TORRES FAMILY
for the best day of our trip!











Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!