Ashley's 39th Birthday

I'm 39 years old!
(for the first time)



It was a nice quiet day.

Britta was home with a fever,
that we found out was strep throat.
My birthday wish was that I wouldn't catch it.
And luckily NONE of us have!
It's a birthday miracle.

I love my life.
I'm so happily married.
My happiness with Richard,
drowns out anything that 
threatens to make me sad.

My children overwhelm me with love.
Your heart really has no maximum capacity for love.
Your heart just keeps growing
so you can love them more each day.

My family can always tell when I need
a hug,
a laugh,
or
even a just a Dr. Pepper.

What else could I need?

(Although, I do appreciate my birthday gifts too!)

Parker MADE me a wooden cutting board
with his own hands!
Now he writes with his feet! 
(dad joke)

Britta, Mitchell and Colette made me beautiful pictures.

Richard got me a lifetime membership
to Rosetta Stone!
¡Cuidado mundo, aquí vengo!

And sweet Cora,
she really caught the gift giving bug.
She probably gave me 6 presents
throughout the day.
The first was actually a hotpad that
Grandma Skifton helped her make.
Then after that,
she would just wrap her things 
and give them to me.
😂

 
Tomorrow she'll want them back. 


My sister Michelle bought me a RECORD PLAYER!


Complete with my first ever John Mayer CD,
but on VINYL!
(the CD wouldn't work.)
😜
We would listen to this non-stop at college!

Richard then ran out to get me 
the Beatles & Fleetwood Mac

When I asked Michelle what made her think 
to get me such a cool present,
she said, "You just look like the kind 
of person that should have one!"
Which I really appreciated,
because she gets what an old soul Richard and I both are.


Then Tess sent me a giant spanking paddle for my kids!
(what's that, Tess?)
Beg your pardon, it's a spatula!
For making pizza pie!
She's so sweet;
she remembered I said once I wish I had one.
Now I do!
Best sisters ever!


We drank Cheerwine,
ate barbecue nachos from Pitmasters,
picked up medicine from Walgreens for Britta,


And ended the night watching Pride & Prejudice
as a family!


This is about the level of enthusiasm!
haha.
Richard, Colette and I appreciated it anyway!

What a lucky girl I am.

Comments