Honor Band
After less than a year of playing saxophone,
Parker auditioned,
and was accepted,
into HONOR BAND!
It's all the best kids in Southeast Idaho,
that make up this giant SUPER band.
They practice together for two days straight,
and then put on a one-night performance.
One of his best friends, Audrey,
made it also!
They got to sit next to each other
since they both play alto sax.
The conductor was a guest from BYU-Idaho's band.
That's Parker, just to the right of his armpit.
Then the next day, he performed at a Christmas concert called
Festival of Trees!
THEN he even came home and practiced all weekend.
I thought he would be sick and tired of it.
But he just keeps going.
Love his ambition!
...and going to a Festival of Christmas trees
just put a bug into Richard and I.
We had to go home and set up our new
TWELVE FOOT TREE!
It took EIGHT HOURS
to fluff this bad boy.
And hats off to Mitchell,
he helped the most!
Richard also started 3D printing us these
geometric snowflakes!
I just love it so much!
I love Thanksgiving too...
But you can still gorge yourself
even if there's a Christmas tree in the room.
So, it took 39 years,
but now I'm one of those people.
pre-Thanksgiving-Christmas-tree-putter-upper people.
My dad's response?
"What took you so long!?"







Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!