Ramona Jane Clark
This week has been an unexpected adventure. My Grandma Ramona Jane McMurtrey Clark passed away this last weekend. My dad and brother Nick came in an emergency family reunion to attend her funeral. She lived just a few miles away from us here in a nursing home. My grandfather Charles, also pictured, had passed away back in 1980. I never was able to meet him. My Aunt Pat gave me this picture at the funeral and I was most grateful for it.
We had a lovely funeral and the weather couldn't have been nicer. They had a nursery during the funeral for the kids, and we decided that Parker would have more fun with toys and cousins than in a church pew. But after about 8 minutes the nursery lady was running the halls looking for us and Parker proceeded to whimper sporadically for the next ten minutes after he was returned to us because he was so traumatized that we left him there! Then as soon at the benediction was offered, my phone started ringing! How embarassing! I was rampantly going through my diaper bag to silence it, when I noticed Parker was playing with Richard's phone, and it was he who was calling me! My Aunt Pat thought it was hilarious! I was so happy to see my dad and brother and wish that the circumstances had been happier, and that they could have stayed longer. But it was still a lovely day to have them.

I bet it was fun to see your dad and brother. It was good to see you guys Sunday. Take care.
ReplyDeleteAt least you were able to see your family, but sorry it was under some not so great circumstances. OH and your family pics look great. We will have to do some in the summer once Collette is sitting up and changing more!
ReplyDelete