A Weekend of Richard


I had an AMAZING weekend with my darling husband Richard. In fact, this weekend was FULL of so many "Richard Moments" that I needed to devote a whole post to them instead of just a small picture caption on the side of my blog. By the way, these pictures of Richard have NOTHING to do with the stories I am telling about him. They simply are cute/ridiculous pictures of my husband. =)
The first moment was when we were trying to change the sheets on Parker's crib. Richard being so dutiful and willing to help went in to get a new sheet to put on the bed. I told him that the clean sheets were in the top shelf of the kids' closet. After a few minutes he yelled to me that he couldn't find it. So, I go in the room and immediately grab the sheet on the top shelf of the kids' closet and show it to Richard, to which he replies, "I thought that was Colette's nighty." What the heck Richard? Why would Colette wear a "nighty" and why would she wear one as big as a sheet! hahaha.
Another moment was when I got ready for church yesterday, I took my small window of opportunity to shower and get ready. I had just shaved one leg when I heard Parker wake up and start crying so I had to hurry and get out of the shower. So, naturally I just put on tights for church to cover up my one remaining hairy leg. So, later that day, I asked Richard if he could tell which leg I had shaved. He quickly picked the left leg, which was the correct answer. In amazement I asked him how he could tell. He said, "It looked skinnier!" Rude. =)

Then when we went to bed last night, Richard began his juggling of pillows. He has an issue with pillows and so we have acquired pillows of all shapes and sizes to try and find which kind he will find the most comfortable. Every night he goes through them all to pick the best place to lay his head for the night. Me? I just stick with the large fluffy king size pillow that should be our decorative sham. Anyway, he finally picked the smallest little pillow that is actually the lining of a memory foam pillow, but he thinks it's more comfortable to take the memory foam out. (Have I lost you?) So I laughed at him and said, "So, how is it sleeping on your piece of paper over there?" Without any hesitation he said, "I don't know, how is your couch cushion?!" I laughed so hard that I woke up Colette. Even now, it cracks me up. I hope you are laughing too.Last of all, for about the first time in, oh I don't know, months, we went on a date. Just Me.And.Richard. (By the way, Thanks Tess...) Our last date we went to the Opera, so this time we went riding go-carts and miniature golfing. Ok ok, we had free tickets! haha. (By the way, Thanks Institute...) But afterwards we went out to Frontier pies and had, well, pie. It was delicious. It was just so fun to be with my husband and cuddle with him when we were cold outside playing golf. It was so cute to see him smirk at me while he zoomed past in his go-cart. Romance at it's best, right? =) But the best part about the date is that while we were golfing, Richard noticed very early in the game that there was a girl ahead of us golfing all by herself. So, he quickly went up to her and asked her to join our game. My immediate response was, "HEY! This is supposed to be just YOU.and.ME!" But then I quickly realized that what I love so much about Richard is that he is always looking to help others and make them feel special. Richard asking this girl to join us totally made her night. (until she realized he was my husband! haha just kidding) Then as we were leaving for the night, there was another lonely girl standing in the parking lot. She asked us if she could have a ride home because she burnt her hand on hot cocoa and everyone in her group was laughing at her and teasing her and she wanted to go home. We felt so sad for her and of course helped her out. Once again, it's just something about Richard's face that he just looks so helpful. That's exactly what I thought the first time I met him. I just knew there was safety when he was around. Then I also loved him so much when we finished with our pie, and he said he just couldn't wait to get back home to our kids. I felt the same way. So, even though we enjoyed the hour or so that we spent just him and I, it felt so good to come home and hold our cute little kids! =) That's not the funniest Richard moment, but it's my favorite moment still.Wow, that was long. Congratulations if you actually read it! (and you aren't Richard's mom!)

Comments

  1. what a fun night! i am so glad you helped out those girls. i would've probably been one of them!! WAHOO for great husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... that was so sweet.. by the way... i'm with you on the pillows! I like the large fluffy ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its good to be with someone who can make you laugh like that!
    and what a great guy for helping those girls out.. what a great example he will be for your kids once they really start to pay attention to what he does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute!! SO glad you both love each other and your kids. It is so obvious when we are at your house!!! Parker and Colette are lucky to have you as parents and examples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think you are both pretty super! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you and Richard were able to get away for a little bit. Funny stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder...has Richard ever spent $$$ on a feather pillow only to decide a few weeks later that he is ALLERGIC and not only his new pillow, but your favorite, most comfortable pillow must now live in the closet for only guests to use? Just wondering.

    Actually, I also related to the "its on the top shelf" story - things like that happen SO often its incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just re-read this post and laughed out loud. You are an amazing writer and totally captured the spirit of Richard. I always think you two must have the most fun! I love and miss your little gang.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!