best weekend ever...
This last weekend we went to see our best friends, Ginny and Kip Hartman, and their twins Hallie and Hana. Kip was Richard's favorite companion and Ginny was my favorite companion on our missions to Pittsburgh. To date, our mission president has like 8 marriages! Crazy. Anyway, it was a long overdue visit and we absolutely loved every second. Parker especially loved the twins. He would point to them and say, "pretty!" He gladly followed them into nursery without crying, for the first time! And truly they are the most precious girls. For example, Hallie {i think, they are still hard for me to tell apart! SORRY!} was wanting to bear her testimony and was a little nervous, I think. Hallie noticed right as they were going take her up that I had a handful of Goldfish for my kids and I offered her one. She quickly shoved it on her mouth and said, "I have to get ready for my 'mony!" Hopefully it calmed her excitement a little bit. It was a very funny thing to see from a three year old!
Well Ginny, here's all the pics. Swipe what you want!
the kids were very excited, don't let this pre-naptime photo fool you.
So, what, do you ask, do you do to keep two little babies occupied in a car for three plus hours? I'll show you...
...oh wait, yeah you got it.
{I probably should mention that this method of vacation travel for kids is not without its side effects. Colette, we found out, can get very carsick and that makes for some painful Oreo regurgitation.}
I have to admit this is the best weekend we've had for a long time. With the long summer of Richard's internship and well, ok, so my life has been about the same as always, but still it was so refreshing to get away and see wonderful people that have made our lives so meaningful and continue to uplift us. I was trying to say this to the Hartman's as we drove away, but a lot of mission relationships just stay mere memories, and you never really see those people again. But I know that the Hartman's are sincere friends that we will carry on forever. Thanks for the weekend guys! If you don't stop treating us so great, you will have a hard time getting rid of us!
Its funny how such a short period of your life (your mission) can have such a huge impact on the rest of your life! Alan is still really close to one of his companions from his mission.. we actually named Travis after him and we get together at least once a year. I'm glad that you guys were able to get out and spend time with your friends and some family. Oh.. and little kids getting carsick is the worst! I feel your pain there
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun that you guys got to spend the weekend with such wonderful friends! Looks like the kids got along well. I love how cool Parker looks with all the girls! He is a stud! And how fun that you got to see your mission president and his wife... I am sure he is more than thrilled to see such happily married couples and their families... especially since he had such a hand in it all! :) Ps tell Parker I need some family portraits done soon, so if he has time in his schedule I would to get a session with him :)
ReplyDeleteUgh! Kati gets carsick too! My father-in-law, who is also a pediatrician (I know! We're WAY too lucky!) told me that giving her Benadryl is the same as giving an adult Dramamine and it works EVERY time! Kaitlyn is 25 pounds and she gets 1 tsp. an hour before we leave. I don't know how much Colette weighs, but you can probably give or take a little here, a little there. She hasn't thrown up in the car since we discovered this... she just gets a little sleepy and drugged. :) Better than cleaning up puke on the side of the road in Moab!
ReplyDeletethat's so cool that you got to meet up with both of your companions! :) her twins are so adorable! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteWe have to get together again because it was such a good weekend. It was kind of fun to see Richard and Kip revert to little 19 year old Elders while they talked about eating an entire pizza and thing of ice cream every night while being depressed about no investigators. I have to ask tho, did Tess make it through the airports without too much of an adventure?
ReplyDeleteP.S. My girls are still talking about Lisa. Apparently she made quite an impression!
ReplyDeletei almost cried when i saw colette's pigtails! she's getting so big and so freakin cute (parker too):) your family is so cute & i'm glad you had a great weekend. you deserve it! we miss you!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to get together with old friends, pick up as if you have never parted? So great to see you had a wonderful time with them! Awesomeness! =)
ReplyDeleteYou are so pretty by the way!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun! Those twins are so cute! Your two are very cute also. Next road trip you take.. I vote on Boise ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having soo much fun! Miss you!!! Email me sometime: traverseoutdoorgirl at yahoo. My blog is also private now. :)
ReplyDeletevery sweet post. go mission marriages!!!! :)
ReplyDelete