Name: _______________________

Babies are hard to name. 
I don't even know the gender of this baby yet, 
but I'm having 
serious.writer's.block 
when it comes to a name. 
I spent an hour looking up names today, 
and I did find a couple of names that I thought, 
"I could do that." 
I'm not in {love} with any of them. 
So, I'm asking your advice. 
And you can tell me the truth. 
LOVE or HATE.

BOYS

Finnegan or Finn
Edmund
Harper

GIRLS

Darcy
Keely
Brita - Family Name

Please stop me from even thinking about it if you hate these names.
I really am not attached to any of them.
Also, any suggestions of good names you like and aren't saving for your own children?

Comments

  1. I haven't been on blogger for a while so, I totally missed your post about the new baby! (I actually heard it from your Dad when I was in TX)

    Congrats!.. ps... NOT Finnegan!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion only:) Finnegan would be cool for a middle name... i don't know if you guys do that though:) i like harper but it sounds really close to parker, and i'm sucha mix up with names that i would definitely mix that up when talking to children in the same room. Edmund is cool, i of course think of harry potter:) I like keely ( i know one), brita i am indifferent to- i've never really heard it, and darcy could be one of those names that could be what I would refer to as either gender- i could see it being both a boy and girl name in the future, which for me I like to stay away from because of all the gender confusion that seems to currently exist. But Ash- it's your kid- he/ she will have an awesome name!:) I have always liked abigail, adelyn, mckenzie, eliza, emma, ethan, kimball, aaron, benjamin, ezra, heber, and dallin and i know i have a list with more names on it somewhere... you can take from that list if you desire...oh well if we end up having kids with the same name sin the future, they won't be the same age:) regardless cool parents give their kids cool names- that's you and richard- it will happen, after all you're a writer!!!! I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know names are seriously so hard. I like Finn but not finnegan and I don't like Harper for a boy but it's ok for a girl. But really, you will figure it out. It drove me crazy cause we didn't have a name for Helaman till he was born and the only reason he got that name was because I had an inspired revelation hours before his birth. We just could not agree on anything and we didn't love any name in paticular. When do you find out what you're having? I'm so excited for you. We'll be matched with three kids each! You know you're trying to keep up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH man Ash I totally feel ya on the name thing. Here is my opinion... I like Finn, not finnegan, and Harper is a girls name to me, although I have heard it for both Edmund I personally don't like, but if you do go with it :) Girls names... I like Britta the best, I have a friend from College with that name and it goes great with Collette, oh and I like Darcy, but I also like the name Darby... Ryan and I had considered that for this one before we knew what he was :) I should also tell you that we considered Collette :) I love love love that name. Good luck on the name game! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, names are hard. I think too much about it and should just go with my gut. I guess in that case we would have kids named chocolate or fudge :)

    Finnegan has 3 syllables, and wouldn't work with 2 syllable Parker and Colette. However, I do like Finn, but that only has 1 syllable. I really like the name Britta. There is a baby in our ward with that name, and I think it is adorable. And it's a double bonus being a family name and all. Tough choice! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edmund and Darcy. I like those ones the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on baby #3!!! We are so excited for you guys!!! :) I LOVE the name Edmund for a boy! I wasn't totally feeling your girl names, but I'd chose Brita out of those three.. maybe because James works for Clorox and he designs for their Brita Water division. LOL! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so in my opinion-i don't really like finn or finnegan. I agree with one of your friends about harper...too close to parker, edmund i'm not really a fan of either....for the girl names-i have a cousin named darcie so i like that one. brita i like just because it's original and keely? um, i vote no on that one. ok, now i'll feel really bad if you name the baby one of the names that i don't like! :) however, it's your baby so name it whatever you want! any name will fit the personality! good luck! please don't be offended that i didn't like all but one name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Finn. I think of Harper as more a girl's name. I like Brita a lot. Not a fan of Darcy. This is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out the book "From Jennifer to Jason and Madison to Montana" It has more than just lists of names, it talks about what people think of them, the cultural reasons for them etc. It also gives you options for names that you might sort of like but can't quite make yourself love. Its a really good baby-name book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Brita and Darcy for a girl and Edmund for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I think when I was on vaca I totally missed that you are expecting! Congrats! That is very exciting. You have the cutest kids! I really like the name Britta! Names are hard, and half the time you change your mind after you think you have everything set. Good luck! It will all work out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!