broken record

I hate to be redundant. 
I just posted about this.
But she's at it again.

 

Fast asleep Saturday night, in her toy box.


I have a Parker story to tell.
If you're up for it.
If not, there are pictures of Mitchell at the end of this post.
I won't tell Parker if you just want to skip to those.

The other day Parker was being really happy and funny.
He looked at me and said,
"Mom our house is so cool! I love my house!"
I asked him why.
"Because we have lots of movies and cool cups!"
So I share straight from the boy's mouth,
what two necessities are required for a toddler to be happy.


Mitchell has been smiling a lot lately. 

Or maybe it's just... hmmm


Now how am I doing?
Well thank you for asking.
I'm doing really well.
Mitchell already sleeps about five hours a night.
sometimes six.

But may I offer a word of advice.
Getting up in the middle of the night to feed my child,
I decide to read my kindle fire for something to occupy my mind.
However, I have a list of books that I've discovered 
are NOT fun to read in the middle of the night
when you are up by yourself, especially if you are 
{ hypothetically speaking }
twenty-eight and still afraid of the dark.

#1 -  The Hunger Games 
{I'm sure Cato is in my closet somewhere with my head in his scope.}

#2 -  A Tale of Two Cities
{spectres and fog... what was I thinking?}

#3- Northanger Abbey
{Just wait until you get to the second half.}


During the noonday sun, I'm sure these would be very interesting books. 
But, in the middle of the night, even Jane Austen can be scary!
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. I should have the best house then according to Parker! I am amazed how Colette can fall asleep anywhere. Can I say I am slightly jealous of that. Also, I agree with certain books should not be read in the dark of night. Especially for one who has an active imagination (as I do myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I have loved looking at these pictures! Richard, little Mitchell is your twin.

    Love, Laura and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny and I couldn't put pride and prejudice down! We went to bed late two nights in a row because of it. We love it! and now I want to get it. Thanks again.
    You have such a beautiful family Ashley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!