life of three

What's life like with three kids?
I think I've finally figured it out. 
The difference between two kids and three kids
is that I now have a much longer to-do list,
but the same amount of time.
So all I want for is more hours in the day.
Which mothers have been saying since the creation of time.

Now let's get the niceties out of the way.
The iconic and predictable pictures of 
Mitchell's First Bath!
{also on his ONE MONTH birthday}

He huffed out a booger, he was so mad.  

We settled to a whimper... 

Nope, I'm still not forgiven yet.
Still, now he doesn't smell so much like a barn.
With the belly button and then the circumcision
we had to wait forever to finally scrub this guy clean.
I love him so much more now that he smells like
a Johnson's baby.

I braved snow and three to one odds
because I desperately wanted to go shopping.
{I found a shnazzy new purse too, as it happens}
However, that's just asking for a blow-out.
I prided myself in the knowledge that I had packed an extra set of clothes
for Mitchell in the event that he did 
puke/poop/pee/have.same.outfit.as.another.baby 
but I dug all around desperately looking for a diaper.
curses flew and Mitchell squirmed naked on the changing table.
What else could I do? 
I grabbed Colette's number 5 and strapped it on as tight as I could. 
It's only then that I realized what a giant Colette has become.

Seeing her hold my new little baby makes me sad because
she's not that little baby anymore. 
{And she is apparently restricting Mitchell's airway in this picture}
But, now she is a little girl. 
And a very beautiful one too.


My good friend, Natalie, brought over a fancy tutu as a gift for Colette.
She hasn't taken it off since.

Then Daddy brought home some fun dress up accessories from his New Orleans trip.
She has shed the Mario baseball cap for feathers, beads, and tutus.
My prayers to Aphrodite have been heard!

Parker can't get enough of the snow outside.
Too bad the snow is so hit and miss this winter.
Still, I'm really curious how we came to own such a pair of earmuffs.
They are pretty rad, I have to admit.
{And you can see Parker is pretty attached to his Luigi hat too}

Since Parker and Colette were born in the summer, 
I missed out on tiny baby beanies. 
I bought as many as I could find for Mitchell.

{Is that a smile?}

When you have a ten inch scar healing in your stomach
that doesn't leave much else to do but
read, watch movies, and crochet!

My puppy dog.

This one is a little girly, yes?
Still, he is a cute boy.

Now, I've exceeded my blogging time limit today.
the to-do list must move on...
Thanks for helping me check this off!
;)

Comments

  1. "have.same.outfit.as.another.baby"...You crack me up Ashley. It's fun to see you enjoy the ride:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like you're hanging in there with 3 little ones! you must feel overwhelmed at times-i know i would!!! :) what little cuties!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you figured it out. More time would be a blessing. Your little ones are so cute and Mitchell is fitting right in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are way more productive than i have been in the crafting department. i swear, having a baby diminished my crafting skills/desires. oops. also, i kinda love your baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so afraid of handling 2 kids and here you are doing it with 3... and even crocheting!! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hat! He has some of the same clothes helaman did. I have to say, I got the nicest thank you card of my entire life awhile back from a girl with the cutest handwriting I've ever seen... :) glad you like the necklace! So thank you for the thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, I adore you. Nothing else could describe my feelings right now regarding your post on my blog! 1. You ALWAYS make me laugh! 2. Your children are a-DORE-able! 3. You are a beautiful woman, mother, and friend! I hope you have a wonderful day and that you get all the loveliness you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH... typed something huge and it deleted... yay... SO... to reiterate...
    Ashley, I adore you! You are a wonderful woman and friend and I love reading your blog and your sweet comments on mine. You can always make me laugh and, not only are your kids aDOREable, but they have wonderful parents! I hope you have a fabulous day and receive every lovely thing you've ever desired!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!