Happy Easter!

Sorry I don't have Easter egg hunt pictures. 

Imagine a large field
children bundled up in the Idaho spring weather
holding dearly onto their Easter baskets in the blustery wind
all parading eagerly for the dozens of eggs
bursting with larger quantities of sugar than they've had since Christmas.

That's the image I would have posted if I had taken my hands out of my mittens long enough to snap a picture. 

"Hey kids, what did you get for Easter?" 

An ear infection.


Holidays always make for a great reason to give your kids a bath. 
haha just kidding.
{sort of}

Do you want the long version or the short version behind Colette's dress?
Ok, the short version it is. 
I bought the dress for me $12 clearance hoping I could sew it into something cuter..
several mistakes later, I don't have enough fabric left to cover half my body.
I decide to use it for Colette.

Voila! Her Easter dress was born!
I'm actually really happy with myself.
She wore it for several hours and it didn't fall apart!
That's a first I must say.


Aren't my kids photogenic? 

{blank stare}
well, they have other qualities.

I take some of the blame since I neglected to take a nice picture of them immediately after they were dressed and ready for church.
So this is the tired, flat hair, and ready for dinner alternative.

Oooo, Hollister Baby Catalog? 

Happy Easter my friends.

Comments

  1. Great job on the dress! The kids looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...as always! Your kids are so cute, and I love how you capture the fun memories you have with them. Great job on Collete's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice job on the dress! aaaand, I'm a sucker for seer sucker jackets/pants. what a handsome devil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome job on colette's dress! your kids are so adorable! thanks for coming to rob's reception-it was good to see you! sorry i didn't talk to you more! :)

      Delete
  4. Colette looks so much like you in that picture!. Well done on the dress. You made me laugh on your comment on the Hollister model.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!