it's on.

Potty vs. Mommy

{Round Two}

My second opponent is ready...


Usually p*#y tr@!n!^& is a bad word for me. 
{which is why I used symbols...}
anyway, I haven't thought about it at all,
until two or three times a day this precious girl will ASK ME
the most fulfilling question of her toddler comprehension.
"Mommy, Can I go Potty?" 

How it must feel to be two 
and suddenly have the mainframe understanding 
of your bodily functions put to the ultimate challenge.
I can't just go anymore?
and instead I must relieve myself into a glass chair
with an endless flow of water and
depths of storage under my house for matter so vial
as to make the very fibers of my mother quiver?
maybe she doesn't think quite that way.

But I try to think what it must be like to have something 
that seems so very natural to do 
and be told to do it a completely different way.
I think I should write a book:
The Twelve Month Guide to Very Frustrating and Unsuccessful Potty Training

So, if she's ready... so am I.

bring on the lysol and rubber boots.
we're potty training.



And just because...


 A day without Mitchell...


...is a day wasted.

Comments

  1. People say girls are easier, you will have to let us know I that is true! With Travis, potty training was easy once he decided he was goin to do it. Maybe Colette will be the same way? Anyways, good luck and let us know how round two goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious. you are sooo funny. i think humor is probably quite essential during something as hard/intense/smelly/messy as potty training. and that baby boy? i want to kiss him. that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Mitchell is edible! I want to chat when you have 2 minutes! 10 bucks says collette has it down in a few days! Love ya girl! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, good luck on potty training round two. I dito Heather, you'll have to let us know who got it faster, Parker or Colette. But having a big brother to follow around probably inspired Colette to get on the pot and give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *so* want to potty train Valentina but she refuses to try. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. I only lasted for two weeks in January, but I'm planning on trying again in a couple of weeks. I know if I can get the girls to want to be potty trained, they'll learn in a week, but that's a big "if".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Potty Training is one of God's biggest jokes. I've already decided that when I create my own world, babies will come potty trained. IMO - the worst part of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!