San Diego - Dia Tres
First off, if you didn't read my train story.
Please do.
It's the last part of my last post.
It was a little bit of a long one, so I can understand if you didn't make it that far.
But it's a really funny story.
So, go read it, and I'll be here when you get back.
So, moving right along to Day Three.
This day was full of leisure, romance, and fish.
We drove over to Coronado Island, across a giant bridge.
We enjoyed the sights and found a nearly deserted playground on the BEACH!
So we had to stop and play.
monkeys at the zoo.
he looks so serious as he gazes into the expanse of the waves cresting in the distance.
"This must be a dream," he thought, "for I know I fell asleep in my carseat and ended up here."
The picture is from Richard's Blackberry Playbook, so it's not the best,
BUT
but these tacos blew my mind.
We found a super amazing Mexican restaurant called
Miguel's.
It was mucho delicioso.
I had the fish tacos, naturally.
They had this creamy white cheese sauce.
Colette was literally spooning into her mouth.
I asked for the recipe.
Once I have it worked out, I will share.
Believe me.
This was the crazy charming path we had to walk down to get to Miguel's.
It was so fun!
and I'm pretty sure that these stoops lead up to hotel rooms!
Reservation please!
Then that night Michelle was good enough to watch the kids at the hotel,
while Richard and I went to a banquet with his conference.
We payed her in gold dusted truffles...
{that we swiped from the banquet}
Afterwards we had a Cinderella Carriage ride,
and a romantic walk on the pier.
Richard told me when we were dating that he liked romantic walks on the beach.
I thought he was just trying to win me over.
And they lived happily ever after...












The train story was so funny! You guys are still so cute :) guess who I saw last night? DUNLEAVY!! She has two kids now... Her little boy is just 4 weeks old and such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely, calm day, after a real life adventure. Good plan Richard!
ReplyDeleteSometimes finding a great playground at the beach is just TOPS!!
I love to see the Grandkids having so much fun.
and the Cinderella ride, made me say, ahhhh. or is that awwww.
Doesn't matter. You'll make up some kind of sound in your own mind anyway.
I'm really glad to know that you are,
"Living Happily ever after."
You're Funtastic.