Mitchell's Birthday

{blowing dust off the keyboard}

Hmmm, let's see if I remember how to do this...

It's just been a while...

Life has been very very busy and
when I did have a chance to post something, 
it was just a slap job.

So, I want to take a moment to re-do a very important day.

Mitchell's still one.

And here's what happened.

All four teeth!
{and actually now he has FIVE}

Aunt Michelle bought him an adorable outfit!

Soooo, it's MY birthday and you expect ME to open the presents?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE cute little baby converse.

Yes, the matching binky really makes it for me.

With these shoes, he has been taking LOTS of steps.

We had a cookie monster party!

Somehow, this is Mitchell's FIRST real exposure to sugar.
I feel so negligent!

UGH... I can't go on!


BLUE STEEL.
I ate it all and I look good.

YEAH!!!!



So we have had three kids for a year now...

How's it been?

Let me tell you how we've made it.

One.
In a moment of real stress, 
I put Mitchell's rubber binky in my mouth and bite down as hard as I can. 
It really makes me feel better.

Two.
I have absolutely no concern as to the state of my baseboards.

Three.
Sometimes I throw my kids in the car
{well, actually I gently buckle them in}
and just go for a drive.
One day we were driving around at dusk, 
and the snow was lightly falling in the golden sun,
Colette said that we were driving through GLITTER!
It really looked that way!
Then I feel better.

Four.
Speaking of cars, 
Richard and I find a lot of enjoyment in studying the 
State automobile safety restraint laws for children...
and finding all the loopholes!
like
In some states, it is perfectly legal to take your kids out of their carseats,
if they are in of need nursing, or in need of consoling. 
{WINK}

Five.
Speaking of loopholes...
On most online pet supply websites,
you can buy antibiotics for fish 
that are the same dosage and ingredients as medicine for people. 
{without a prescription}
In case you want to save a trip to the doctor.
I've only done it once.
I feel fine.

Six.
Every kid is so different that I feel like a new mom all over again.
Mitchell is teaching us many new things.
to name a few.
So you have to let them be the crazy, miraculous individuals that they are.
I literally soak in all the maternal advice I can get sometimes.
I still know so little about kids.


But, these are just little tidbits of what I do know, 
that get me through each day.

Comments

  1. hehehe....love this post! Happy Birthday Mitchell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what's this fish antibiotic secret? I think I need more details about that little tidbit of info. Sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of biting a binky in moments of severe distress...I may have to try that. It sounds less painful that banging your head against the wall ( which I've totally done a few times.) I can't believe Mitchell is so big- what a cutie! And the cupcakes looked amazing. You're an awesome mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! Love this post. The binky tip is awesome!!! I'm a very oral person (you know, like, eat as a reward... Like a dog. That's me. And I like to bite things. This is a great idea!! Three kids... You are amazing. I use to want 6 kids. Now that I have one, in down to 3. I'm a terrible person. Although drives are not my thing. I wish they were, but they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me where you live now? Vegas? California? Im thinking somewhere there but cant remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Febrile seizures?!! What? Can't believe he is 1... Time for another :) Jk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!