The Lost Stories

a lot going on...

double ear infections {mitchell}
a visit with grandparents {on my side}
move ins {michelle's family}
speech therapy {colette}
hosting a German engineering professor {richard}
a wedding {my step-bro, Kaleb}

that's life {and not just mine, I know}

But as much as I would love to post about these things as soon as I can, 
tonight I will just have to leave you with a couple funny stories that I have forgotten about. 

They are funny enough to us that the blog simply cannot go on until they are told. 



While we were in Las Vegas during Uncle Doug's visit from Hungary, 
Parker was playing on Daddy's "Broken Puter" 
{which means Richard's old cracked tablet that has since been replaced}
Richard loves to wear cargo pants because he can easily carry around things he needs, 
like his new un-cracked tablet in an oversized side pocket.
Parker, who was suffering from pocket-envy was contriving anyway that he could
transport his "broken puter" with as much ease as Dad.
The answer was obvious.
So he shoved it down his pants.
Now the 9-inch tablet may not be much of an inconvenience if it were down your pants
or mine, 
but when you wear a size 4T, 
a 9-inch tablet encompasses most of the room you have in your jeans.
Needless to say, Parker looked hilarious with this tablet bulging in his trousers.
But he persisted to keep it there while he attempted to walk around, and go up steps,
in a manner reminiscent of penguins.
He even maneuvered a sit down at one point, but quickly got up due to discomfort.
-The best part is coming up-
After several minutes of us snickering under our breath as we watched him moseying around 
in this hysterical way, 
we heard the faint, muffling theme song to Tetris.
Parker took a moments pause to look around the room, 
and then following the noise to his pants asked, 
"Is that my puter?!"
To which Grandma wittingly replied, 
"Well, what turned it on!"

He has since settled on just carrying it around.



One night before bed, Colette had the hiccups.
She laughed and said, 
"Guys look at my chin! Something in there is going, BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE!"

Colette and Mitchell were playing,
which meant Mitchell was pushing as hard as he could on Colette's belly, 
she laughed and said, "Mom! Mitchell's trying to KILL ME!"



I know there was more, but I've already forgotten again.

I have endeavored to write everyday in a journal at least one adorable thing my kids have done that day.

Hopefully then I will stop all this forgetting.

Comments

  1. Haha! Children will always be the best form of entertainment. Parker's story was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funnY!.... random question for you...do your kids have toddler beds or twin beds? and where did you get them at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the toddler bed info Ashley. :) We too are living the college life still and i have been debating with sizes of beds for Aiden given our new arrival, Bryan's upcoming grad school graduation, and a possible move to who knows where- but more than likely another rental apartment or home until we can save up for a home. For some odd reason, I never even thought of looking at walmart...duh:)
    I sure miss you and hope that we do get our paths to cross sooner than later:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor baby with double ear infections... He probably is still smiley and super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!