weekend visit...
This last weekend, I got a text message saying,
"Aunt Dallas and Uncle Stan will be here this weekend,
and we're having a family party!"
Count us in.
Aunt Dallas is the sweet woman for which Colette Dallas was named.
And Uncle Stan is her brother-in-law.
He has been the source of many happy childhood memories for Richard.
Like the time they were playing Apples to Apples,
and the word was "Risque"
so Stan put down the card Lingerie....
His wife said with a gasp, "Stan!"
I guess Uno Attack was a controversial one as well,
where Stan and his wife would merely make
a beeping sound with their mouths,
hoping that everyone would think they had
actually pushed the attack button,
and they luckily didn't get any cards.
Sadly Stan's wife, Shirley, died on the day Richard and I got married.
The kids and I are happy now to be making fun memories
of our own with these remarkable people.
Like Dallas assures me that her new use of a cane was actually
to have an excuse to whack anyone that deserves it.
She asked if I had any complaints in my marriage.
Luckily for Richard I assured her my life is bliss.
But now I know where to turn should circumstances change....
{maniacal laugh... maniacal laugh...}

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!