Easter Countdown

When you get to the 800th time that your daughter has asked you, 
"Is Easter TOMORROW?"
You realize it is time to make a countdown.

I put a lot of thought and time into planning daily activities we could do to prep for Easter.

At first I thought "this is going to take a lot of work..."

But it actually is more fun than work.
And for the first time in my life, 
I feel that Easter is just as important as Christmas.

So I'd like to keep you posted on our Easter countdown...

Everyday we open an egg.
(you start with one, then two... ok ok)

Then we read and follow the instructions.

I'll post my complete list of daily Easter events soon.

But since we only started this week, 
I'll catch you up on what we've done so far.




DAY 1 - Read story of the Last Supper




DAY 2 - Read Guess How Much I Love You 







DAY 3 - Elder's Quorum Easter Egg Hunt
(see pictures below)

Our Elder's Quorum has the best activities and they decided to throw their own Easter Egg Hunt...

Let's just say, 
When you have to wear mittens to your Easter Egg Hunt, 
Sit around a fire, 
and unbury the eggs out of the ice, 
You just might live in Idaho.

Perk of the night, 
there was a zipline...

Just in case you couldn't tell in the first picture how happy she is....
I think she went 20 times.
She literally peed her pants.
(And least it wasn't throw-up this time)



Parker couldn't stand to be outdone by his little sister...



and of course if everyone else is joining in the fun, why not....


YOLOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

(the best part of this picture is that Parker is so happily swinging on the wet frozen swing,
unaffected by his childish mother)






DAY 4 - Decorate Sugar Cookies
  


"What do you mean the frosting isn't supposed to go on my face?"




DAY 5 - Read Garden of Gethsemane Experience 
(LUKE 22: 39-46)



DAY 6 - Make Nest Cookies 

(if you are thinking those look like no bake cookies with m&ms shoved in the middle,
then you'd be right!) 

When my kids are older, we will step it up a notch...



Sunday, Day 6 also came with unexpected surprises...

WE GOT A SNOW DAY!
I woke up, looked out the window, and got back in bed.



How many people can put "building a snowman" on their Easter countdown?

Now, we can!

Comments

  1. That is an awesome idea. I'm impressed that you have the energy to plan all of the activities (I certainly don't). I think we are just going to do the week countdown that is in The Friend! And a zipline at the EQ activity is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stories. I laugh so hard with your last post :) Lovely ideas for Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i've never heard of a kid being that excited for easter! the easter bunny must leave really amazing baskets!! :) what a fun little countdown!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!