March

It's about time I post something new, eh?

Since March is nearly OVER.

We had a very lucky St. Patty's. 
I LOVE this holiday.


King and Queen of the night.


Got myself some patriotic socks.
My Murphy Clan would be proud.


Parker scored a cool leprechaun...
What makes him so cool, you ask?


He poops candy!






Now just a warning, 
I am about to share a story that might make you a little sick to your stomach...

In fact I'm getting queezy just thinking about it.

Sunday afternoon we decided to go for a nice drive. 
We found a nice neighborhood that had a lot of cul-de-sacs.
So around and around we went. 
All the while, Parker is explaining to us the 18 step process to riding a scooter,
then the 27 reasons he is ready for Kindergarten,
and what really causes the mutation in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
All the while, around and around we go...
until Colette informs us, she doesn't feel so well.

I go in the back to sit her on my lap and help her feel better, 
We continued on home, laughing and listening to Parker...

and then... 
Good thing it was a windy day...
I felt the nice spray of puke off the port bow.

As I'm trying to hold Colette out the window enough to shield myself 
from the backsplash of vomit,
Parker begins the explanation of why it is better to sit in the front seat 
for such an occasion than the back seat...

Without much patience Richard and I laughed and said, 
"Parker!! ZIP YOUR LIPS!"

But instead of actually zipping his lips, 
he explained how his Primary teacher tells him to zip his lips and throw away the key,
followed by an 8 step demonstration on how that is done.

Finally Richard said, "Don't tell me how you zip your lips... just do it!"
But that was as we were pulling into our driveway...


Kids are funny in stressful situations.

Colette's hair is still cute, 
however getting her headbands to stay where I put them has been a challenge.


One night she woke up frantic and said, 
"Mom I had a really bad dream!! My hair was long!! 
But then I woke up and thought 'phew' it's short again."


She also gave the prayer in Primary and said, 
"Please bless that everyone will see my cute haircut."





So far, March has been pretty good. 

Comments

  1. The picture of your van made me a little sick to my stomach! Better out the van window though then all in the car. Yuck! Parker sounds like a riot with all his commentary. Sounds like it makes for some fun conversations in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Your kids are so funny! I can't believe how grown up Parker looks; his face has thinned out and he seems so much more lanky than when we saw him last! And I thought Colette was someone else's kid in one picture. It's been too long since we've seen you! Also your socks were awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your kids in the tent. You do such a good job of finding the humor in stressful parenting experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!