Colette's Hair Evolution
Just reminiscing here about that day in February back in 2014
when Colette finally convinced me to let her take the plunge into...
THE PIXIE CUT!
This was the day of the haircut
February 2014
A day that kind of traumatized me...
But very quickly, we all fell in love with this darling haircut on her.
Easter 2014
She was just adorable no matter what she did with it.
January 2015... growing things out...
By November last year, we had made it to the shoulders.
Only 1 1/2 years of growing....
Hair vitamins...
Special shampoos for hair growth...
Then this summer we realized that we had finally made it to LONG, BEAUTIFUL hair!
After 2 1/2 years!!
July 2016
Which means, just like any girl, she decided that it was time to chop it off again.
I was like... UM, NO... NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER AGAIN!
She has been talking to me about it for weeks, and I keep telling her to think about it.
But then the other night Aunt Tessie was over for dinner.
She is a licensed cosmetologist...
So Colette blurted out, "HEY I NEED A HAIRCUT!"
I could tell it was something she really wanted.
My Mom always wanted my hair to be really short.
I have always told Colette that I won't force her to have her hair any certain way.
But I always assumed that meant that she would want it long...
So even though it was half way down her back,
long enough to do seriously cool braids,
She was ready to chop it again.
We settled on an A-line lob.
While I was hiding my tears in the living room so she wouldn't know how sad I was...
She came running in with this amazingly radiant smile,
and I could tell she LOVED it.
And if it makes her face light up like that, then I LOVE it too.
(Even though I LOVE this more.) hahaha.... (muffled sobs)
It's amazing how grown up my darling little girl is getting.
I love her just the way she is.
I'm glad she has an opinion, even when it's different than mine.
I have even thought a couple times today,
"What if I cut my hair like that?!"
haha... but that's when Richard says I'm crazy!
What's the most dramatic hair style you've ever tried?
Any regrets?


Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!