Father and sons


If Idaho had nothing going for it except one thing,
I would say it is the rugged beauty of it's hills and mountains.

With that in mind,
Parker, Mitchell, and I set out on an adventure in the Stoddard Creek area
for our Father and Son's camp out this year.
Each year we set up tent by our own personal fire.


I saw a painting once of a man,
who I will name, "Juan,"
cooking tortilla's on a cast iron skillet
over an open fire!
This made me so jealous
I could have died.


So I brought a cast iron skillet just to reenact it.
We weren't cooking tortillas though.
I'll catch up to Juan someday...


But in close second,
Tinfoil dinners.


It was just as delicious as I imagined,
if not more so.


We played a little flashlight tag that night.
Making sure to watch out for the hole
our dear friend Grant decided to dig.
By the end of the Father and Sons
the hole was up to Grant's shoulders
when he stood in it.


The next morning we got up and broke camp.
On our way down we found wild flowers
to bring to the girls back home.




We only had an old McDonald's cup to put them in though.
Hey, I'll go for an 'any-size for $1' vase any-day.

Fun story:
I really wanted to add some red Indian paintbrush to the vase.
The only place I could see them though was in the median of the interstate.
Yes, I said interstate.
80 mph of shear danger.
So,
I decided to go for it.
Looking around and seeing no cars for miles and miles
(it was Saturday morning),
I went from 80 mph to 0 mph in like 7 seconds,
pulled over to the left shoulder,
jumped out of the van,
and grabbed as many paintbrushes as I could.
Jumped back in the van and floored it.

The boys' faces were priceless.
I hadn't informed them what I was about to do,
so they were pretty speechless
until about 10 seconds after I got back in the van.
"DAD!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!"
Yeah, it's what we do.

Comments