Britta's Birthday!

On January 5th our baby turned 2!

Let's recap why we love this little sweetheart.

She loves putting the corner of her blanket in her ear
(and when she wants to show you affection, she will put it in your ear too.)


She LOVES The Very Hungry Caterpillar by, Eric Carle
She reads the book and plays the app on my phone.
She calls it her "catapiyar"


She loves pretending to talk on the phone.
And mimicking everybody.


She kind of likes playing in the snow, if she's in the right mood.


Which most of the time she isn't.


But when she does venture outside, don't let that sweet smile fool you...
she will pelt you with snow as soon as you aren't looking.


For her birthday she got The Very Hungry Caterpillar backpack.


Now she can carry her own stuff!


For her birthday, it was literally like -3 degrees.
So we ventured as far as the mall for her to play around.


Yes, we rented one of those disgusting and annoying cow mobiles to drive around the mall.
but SHE LOVED IT!
(and she's not wearing shoes because she was just at the play place.)


We made her a long stream of cupcakes into her favorite book character.
And she managed to blow out both of her candles!
But she still won't tell us what she wished for!


Things about Britta that I want to remember....
Everyone says about her that she is a live wire.
She skips, jumps, runs, and spins around the house all day.
Very rarely is she just mildly walking.
She's kind of my little hurricane.

On the other hand, she is quite fond of cuddling.
At the end of the day, the beginning of the day, mid-morning naps...
She brings you her binky and blanky and just wants to be held when she is tired.

She is sleeping in a big girl bed and doing pretty well.
She still kind of picks her own bedtime.
And very often finds her way into my bed through the course of the night.
But that's ok.

She is beginning to talk more.
She says things like, "GO AWAY!"
"Go get it!"
and "Where's Daddy?"
She can also say everybody's names, which is a ritual at dinner time.
She points at everyone around the table and says their name.
Its kind of like taking roll at dinnertime to make sure we are all present.

She has her molars and two front teeth and two bottom teeth.
Unfortunately about a month ago, 
she fell and hit her front tooth.
I thought she had knocked it out, 
but she actually had shoved it back up into her gums!
Luckily, just like the dentist said it would, 
it has made its way back down, albeit a little crooked this time.

And that's our Britta.
She brings a lot of fun and energy to our home.
She also brings a lot of messes,
but hey, it makes me smile to see how she is exploring around her new home.

I can't believe she is already two!
We'll keep you updated as to what she gets into next!!

Comments

  1. I love britta!! She is a hurricane and usually late at night😂 I miss her saying, " HI Shel"

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off... happy birthday to such a cute little girl!! She seems fabulous, just like the rest of your gang. Secondly, I miss you on Instagram!!! What's up girl?! Did you change your name? I loved seeing your fun posts and the kiddos more regularly. Let me know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nikki! Sorry I'm not on Instagram anymore! I needed to choose between Instagram and my blog and I felt the blog was more fun!! Just because I can capture so much more than one little caption. I miss seeing what people are up too, but Instagram is just toone distraining from blogging. Haha. Miss you too! I dreamt you guys built a house on our street! What?! Make it happen!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!