Let's Pretend it's August!

So I'm pretending like I haven't waited five months to blog about two very exciting moments in our family. 

Try not to die of shock and awe.

#1 - Parker's EIGHTH birthday
You know what that means...
My first baby was baptized!


No he doesn't play the guitar yet,
but he holds it really well right?
(Like George Strait. I've watched him in concert with my grandparents too many times to count and 
honestly, he just holds a guitar and never ever never ever plays it.)


We had some great visitors come for the baptism!
Aunt Anji, Jonah Johnson (for President 2040) and Aunt Michelle!


Parker was really awkwardly excited. haha.


I know this day is all about Parker and how proud we are of him,
but Mitchell's pose in this picture, really?


Now I have a boy scout.
He already earned his Bobcat and competed in his first Pinewood Derby!
(Wait Ashley, remember it's only August, those things haven't happened yet.)
Ahem, I mean one day maybe he'll earn his Bobcat and compete in his first Pinewood Derby,
sometime, in the future, because right now it's only August. 2016.


Now #2 - WE MOVED INTO A HOUSE!
This was the last checklist off of our Skifton Summer Family Bucket List

The new place is all the way across town.
I really loved the West Side and telling everyone I was a Westsider...
Everyday I drove by the Temple, the Snake River and the famous Idaho Falls.
Now I live in (gulp) the East side of town.
Where everything is new and trendy and trafficky.
Lame.


Where's the packing peanuts?


Sadly our friends all moved too, to different places.
This was a sad goodbye to Colette's two best friends.
But we are happy to see them moving on to bigger things.
And it's 2017, er 2016, we'll always keep in touch.


Parker also had a sad goodbye to his favorite cousin and friend, Brody.
They are also onto bigger and better and warmer things.
We will miss them being so close to us and playing so often!


So when the day of the move arrived, we had massive help getting our truck loaded 
in a Tetris-esque fashion, and we hurried our way across town... 
only to realized that we had no one to help us unload.
We did our best by ourselves for about 75% of the truck and then began to feel very tired.

That's when the miracle of the day occurred.
Our darling friends, the O'Connors, (from Rexburg college days)
happened to be visiting from PENNSYLVANIA and wanted to come say hi.
I gave them our new address and they showed up just in time to revive us and finish the job.
Then we took a group selfie in the front of the house. 

Seriously, when you need best friends, these guys are it!
They took us to see the 7th Harry Potter film at midnight back when that was a thing...
So we made an unbreakable vow to each other on that night 
that we'll be friends forever!
Henry and Kate, you saved us that day!
It was such a joy to share it with you.




But, now let's take a quick break from moving to go to Jenna's wedding...
Awwwww...


Luckily my incredible sister, Michelle; her husband, John and their family came up to help with the move also. 
PHEW!


John is also quite the baby whisperer.
Britta loves cuddling with him!


Max and Parker
Parker and Max
I get to where I can't tell one from the other.


Colette and Mavery
Mavery and Colette
I mean, come on, they even have matching belts!


A girl and her Daddy.



(Ok, can we get back to our amazing new house?)
THANK YOU!




This is on Richard and Colette's birthday.
His favorite part of the house is his ginormous board game closet. 


So are you ready to have your mind blown?
This one room in our new basement is more square footage than our 
ENTIRE townhouse that we lived in for more than FIVE YEARS,
and added two children while living there.


Testing the floor space with a little fencing.
(This was pre-newfurniture)


Another break from moving in was the FIRST DAY AT A NEW SCHOOL!
And they requested this year to be in separate classes.
It begins.


Trying out the new rug.
We actually went to a carpet store and bought a majorly discounted remnant of carpet.
Then they hemmed the edges for us and voila! Giant area rug.


Britta getting out of places she shouldn't...


...and getting into places she shouldn't.
(By the way we have a KILLER jetted tub in the master bath!) 

  
We have a nice large open kitchen/living room/dining room area.
This is the BEFORE with RED paint above the cabinets.
I mean -- why?


Ah, that's better!


Another Before shot of the kitchen...
Do you blame me for hating this?


During...
I risked my life (and broke all the cabinet crown moldings) 
climbing on top of the cabinets to paint this...
two coats of primer
and two coats of matching grey to cover the red....


So worth it.


Richard also installed a new restaurant style goose neck faucet for the kitchen too.


So far so good.


Now I have to decorate the bedrooms... 
wait for new couches... 
spray for Hobo spiders...
Level the landscaping outside...
Go to Ikea about 19 times...
And maybe a craft room in the near future...
this could take a while...
More pictures to come!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments