Colette vs. the See-Saw

This post contains graphic material that may be disturbing to some readers.
Viewer discretion is advised.
(wink wink)

I got the call around lunchtime...
Usually a call from Colette at school is a feigned cough
that means she is tired of doing math.


But this time it was serious.
I drove over as fast as I could.


She had been flung off the see-saw and hit the metal bar on her chin.
When I looked at this gaping hole in her chin I foolishly said in the school office,
"Well, let's go get stitches."
And this is where she starts throwing up in the garbage.
Why did I say that? 
I should have just told her we will sprinkle glitter on it and it will be fine.
If you know Colette, she hates the mention of hospitals, doctors, blood, etc...


After four stitches,
and more throwing up at the doctor's office,
Her chin is as good as new.

I can't think of very many people who don't have a chin splitting story!
It's such a common kid injury.


Now she's proud to show off her battle scars at school.
And her stitches look like little whiskers.
She is telling everyone that she grew a beard.

And as for getting back on the see-saw?
She swears not by the hairs on her chiny-chin-chin.

Comments

  1. yay! I found your blog again! Congrats on the new baby girl coming! How in the world are ya'll?- Kara Thomason

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!