ROCK ON SUMMER!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2018!

Believe it or not, the kids are more excited about it than I am!


    
1st grade and 4th grade... here we come!



Guess who else is excited for the first day of school!
I get Mommy (almost) all to myself!


Summer is almost over.


School is starting,
wind is chillier,
and spiders are coming inside.

All the charming signs of autumn.

Summer didn't really go fast,
but it was full or so many adventures.

I promised the kids if they all finished a chapter book by the time school started,
I'd take them on a special trip.
They chose iJUMP!


Ok Britta didn't read a chapter book,
but its one of the few perks of being a younger sibling.


Mitchell loved it more than anyone!
He is reading at a THIRD grade level!


Speaking of reading,
we had some fun trips to the library for book parties!

Britta tried her hand at electric guitar.


Nobody puts on a Rock 'n' Roll concert like librarians!!


Parker just wanted to smash a guitar.



Mitchell learned that when you mess with the diva...


...you get shoved off stage!


Paisley and Colette really rock together!


They also had a Ninja party at the library too.
I don't know if you can see him, because he's such a good ninja,
but Parker is somewhere in this photo.
Can you spot him?



A zebra ninja...
unlikely combination.


Bow to your sinsei!


Ninjas and Rockstars!?
What other characters could summer possibly bring?!

Miss Chocolate M&M!
She almost got eaten.


And there was a rare E.L. Fudge sighting.
Surprisingly, he doesn't poop cookies like I had imagined.



Doctor visits were also aplenty!
Cora hit 13 pounds of complete cuteness.


Some doctor visits weren't planned...
like fat lips in Colorado.



Watching the Incredibles 2 had it's effect.
Our kids act like they are invincible.


Their only weakness... Kryptonite?
No... NAPTIME!


But let's face it,
they do have superhuman adorability.


Under all this mud you would find Britta and Colette.
The kids had a mud day that was worthy of wrestlemania!


This is what we call the summertime bath...


Just take 'em out and hose 'em down!



So many adventures!

We drove to Denver,
Las Vegas,
Denver again,
Las Vegas again,
and Boise.

Loved every trip and the wonderful family we got to visit!

Now life settles down in Idaho and we start back to our usual.
This year though has a really fun element that we didn't have last year,

Grandma Skifton has come to live with us!!
Now I have someone to help with kid's homework!!

We are truly blessed to have her sweet, loving spirit in our home.
I love the influence she has on my children.
But more on that to come...

meanwhile,

Cora is eating the mouse...
from the computer, not an actual mouse
ew.

So I have some cuddles to catch up on!

Comments