Thanksgiving Extravaganza!
Have you ever had Thanksgiving at Tess and Ty's house in Burley, Idaho?!
ME NEITHER!
Let's GO!
Summer was elated to see her favorite Aunt.
And her favorite Parker!
And her favorite...
"Whose lap am I sitting on?"
What do you do in Burley for Thanksgiving?
I'm glad you asked.
There were games!
(slant rhyme!)💪
We did a random number generator from 1 to 1241
(because that's how many arcade games Richard has!)
Then we did a tournament for whatever number it landed on.
I got schooled by my own little sister.
Usually Ty or Richard won.
There's a Michael Jackson game!
Where has this been all my life!?
Killing bad guys with the Moonwalk!
Rescuing children and taking them to Neverland!
(I guess I see why no one talks about it)
THANKSGIVING DAY!
Tess and Ty prepared most of the food!
And Tess made a scavenger hunt for each of us!
With a darling present!
I feel like royalty at their house!
We also played a fun game
where you went around taking pictures
of what you were thankful for.
(I'm rethinking one of my choices.)
Getting dinner started with a little Thanksgiving Headbands!
When Richard wore the phrase
"chopping wood" on his forehead,
I made the mistake of saying,
"It's not something you would do... ever."
So every turn he started with the question,
"Is it something I would do ever?"
Oh how he amuses himself!
Beautiful spread!
Colette learned in Young Women's how to make HOMEMADE pie!
So here's her peach pie from scratch!
Next to my pumpkin pie from Sam's Club.
Parker made a panorama of a dinner roll.
Tess and I in matching Thanksgiving aprons,
compliments of Grandma Jackie!
Richard failed the cup challenge
The kids had fun spending the day outside in the leaves...
Watching Free Birds in the living room...
And getting squeaky clean with Summer!
BLACK FRIDAY!
We went to the famous Twin Falls area.
Richard panorama.
Richard selfie!
Now that's a Christmas card picture!
We visited the Minidoka Relocation Center
A Japanese internment camp during WWII
JUST LIKE IN THE MAGIC OF ORDINARY DAYS!
(see my birthday post)
Best Hallmark movie ever.
Read more about it here on this plaque...
and here...
or watch it here...
--TWO HOURS LATER--
Sorry I got a little distracted...
Where was I?
Oh yes, Thanksgiving holiday!
There was bowling!
And there's Summer!
Lots of Summer time.
Did you know Mitchell could do this!?
Tess couldn't stop laughing!
Something else Mitchell can do...
He can bowl a STRIKE!
right at the moment that the lanes
go dark because our time is up!
haha.
I don't blame you for not believing me.
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...
We went to Oakley town square for the lighting of their Christmas lights
and FIREWORKS!
FOR CHRISTMAS!
Then Santa was on Parade
and Britta about wet her pants she was so excited to see him!
Epic light tunnel!!
Our last day there was...
FISHING with Uncle TY!
Ty is so patient putting on new bait every 2 minutes.
Summer is so warm!
She fell asleep nice and snug on the beach.
Colette in her favorite Monolithic hoodie!
Britta having a seat.
Parker eyeing the minnow as a mid-morning snack.
Mitchell fishing for a new boot.
We didn't catch anything,
(I think we are a jinx for Ty)
But, we had a great time! I found some flint, shells, and even a bone!
So I'm going home happy.
That evening we went to a Pumpkin patch,
turned Christmas village!
Two good little girls hoping to get presents from Santa!
My favorite was the Christmas light maze.
It was...
aMAZEing
(you knew it was coming)
Richard and I got "lost" down a couple of wrong turns.
😘
We had to eye spy for a list of special things...
Like ugly sweaters!
(Doesn't Parker look so cool!)
We won free bag of candy cane flavored cotton candy!
Delish.
There was a Christmas zipline!
WEEEEE!
And a Christmas slide!
Mini slide!
But then we had to say goodbye to Summer.
and her parents...
whose names have escaped me...
Just kidding!
We'll never forget Tess and Ty and their kindness to us!
They can really host a party!
And in this case,
it was a FOUR DAY party!
It was just the vacation I needed!
After we got home,
Cora insisted on wearing a ball cap with a hoodie over it..
"Just like Ty!"
LOVE YOU GUYS!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
🦃
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!