Marching band and Football season
Since before school started,
the boys have both been getting psyched for football season!
Parker joined the high school marching band,
and Mitchell joined his best friend's football team!
Zero experience, fragile bones and only nepotism to get him on the team,
but we'll give it a go!
Marching band has been awesome to see Parker making so many new friends!
The saxophones think they are the coolest...
*I'm sorry Parker*
...I mean the saxophones really are the coolest members of the band.
So they stick together.
Um, Parker, your mouth is hanging open.
Just put the instrument in before you blow.
The band is a combo of two high schools here in town
that share the same football field.
So they have a neutral themed outfit that doesn't show preference.
haha.
And they play side by side at the football games,
even against each other!
Every Saturday in October, Parker has travelled to a marching competition,
where they do their half-time show!
They are consistently third place!
But that's out of 9+ other bands...
so it's great!
Parker is second from the right.
Finally a little rest.
Parker is--one of these kids--
I think the one closest to the 4?
One of these kids is also Parker...
it's a fun game to find him, right!?
This is their Homecoming parade.
Now, Who's ready for some football?!
I didn't expect the amount of excitement I would feel,
seeing our last name on a football jersey!
So cool!
I was never this cool.
Mitchell picked up on football very fast.
His coach said that he would have to explain things
only once.
Then Mitchell quickly began to think of football
like chess and could strategize what he needed to do.
He was placed as an offensive blocker for most of the season.
I don't remember the exact term.
ha.
I'm not that mom.
Mitchell won the Blocking Belt one week at his game!
One of the assistant coaches was our good friend Tim!
We didn't expect that, but it was awesome to have so many
mentors helping Mitchell catch up to these other boys who have played longer.
He very quickly fit right in!
They loved his attitude.
He has so much energy and determination to do well!
He worked really hard and did his very best.
And he drank lots of water!
It was neat to see him throw himself into something new,
that he grew to love so much so quickly!
And come on,
he is just to-die-for-adorable in this uniform!
We went to every game!
Saturday mornings are no more...
We invested in good umbrellas so that come rain or shine...
If you look closely, you can find me
(black t-shirt)
in my first ever snack patrol!
I got you covered boys!
This was after their last game.
They were undefeated!
Then, after a very long and intense game,
they met their match and lost at the last minute.
It was sad to see it end so quickly.
But the marching band marches on!
We'll be watching Parker until the end of October.
(when his baby brother finally gets here!)















Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!