Cora's 7th Birthday!

GOOD MORNING TO CORA!
SEVEN YEARS OLD TODAY!


She was so skeptical opening her presents.


Sidebar:
I like to tease my kids,
like maybe a little too much,
and the reason I say that is because 
everyday Cora would ask,
"My birthday is just a few days away, 
have you gotten all my presents?"
and I would pretend like I had completely 
forgotten about her birthday!

Then she brought this note home from school:
Her St. Patty's Day wish is
"That I can have 
a good birthday and 
my mom will not 
forget my presents!"
(exclamation mark!)


But now she knows I was just teasing!
And yes, she did get everything that she wanted and MORE!


THANK YOU
to Jonah and Leah for the
She sleeps on it every night!
She put it on her bed!


Then to top that off, 
Moriah MADE her the cutest panda stuffy!
I try to get a picture of it,
but she's always hugging it!


Cora's #1 choice of what to do for her birthday...
GO TO MCDONALD'S!


They even let her sit at the cool table!
The Seal's and Genevieve all came into town for it!


But Sterling was for sure the life of the party!


More than half of the customers that night
were our family!


Then we headed back home for an 
ICE CREAM OVERLOAD!


Plus she wanted a cake covered in snake marshmallows.
I didn't even know they existed until now.


She was feeling slightly bashful with all the attention.


GAME TIME!


Aunt Michelle revived an old game from our childhood.


Everyone picks an animal to be.


Then someone in the middle is "it".


They try to whack someone with a rolled up paper,


before they can quickly name an animal 
from the group.


So if someone calls your animal name,


You better hurry and think of another animal in the group!


Or else YOU ARE IT!


Side note of the party,
Parker and Genevieve were matching!


No seriously they were!


Cora recently had her bands trimmed!
This is BEFORE


And AFTER!
She looks so cute!


She came into my bathroom while I was doing my hair,
she was holding her long bangs and said,
"Mom, I've been thinking a lot about this.
I think it's time for me to try bangs!"
She was 100% sure.
So we tried it and I'm so relieved
because, you know, bangs are a gamble.
I've never won that bet.
But, it suits her very well.

Now for the Cora annual update.

She's as cute as ever.
She is every old ladies' favorite girl!
She has her own lovely Grandmother
living in her house,
but every woman in the neighborhood
knows and loves her too!

She is just an old soul with an adorable smile
and they all just melt when she's around.

She is doing a great job learning to read,
and her teacher is another of her adoring fans!
She tells us that Cora is always asking the
deepest questions which makes her smile
because 1st graders aren't so contemplative.

She definitely feels the weight
of being a younger sibling.
She often feels left out, or too small.
So she makes up for it with a BIG personality!

In fact all of the older kids tell me that
she's the bossy one!
She isn't afraid of anyone!
When she does have a moment
of self consciousness,
like we all do,
I just remind her,
"YOU ARE CORA SKIFTON!
YOU AREN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING!"
The she'll smile and say,
"That really true what you are saying!"

She is the most social of all our children.
If she isn't playing with another kid,
literally any other kid,
she is complaining about how bored she is!

She cares more about playing with friends
than anything else on the planet.
More than food,
going to the bathroom,
sleeping,
or watching movies...

She also has a very tender spirit!
She says the most sincere prayers for our family.
I'm always floored with what she thinks to pray for!
Once Parker had a friend over for dinner
and she wasn't a member,
but Cora blessed the food with one
of her sweet prayers and afterwards,
the girl said,
"Wow! That was a great prayer!"
I'm so proud of her example to all she interacts with.

Life wouldn't be the same without our Cora.
She's already planning her next birthday,
her baptism,
her next Halloween costume,
and her next Christmas list...
and she won't forget!!!

Comments