October


DOUBLE RAINBOW for OCTOBER!


When you ask your kids 
to help restock the soda in the fridge...


When you assume 
Mitchell is too mature to participate
in the nonsense...


We had another ER visit this month...

This is how it went down.
I got a call from Cora's school
that Cora had hit her head during recess
and now was vomiting.
So I immediately go to the school to pick her up.
She is covered in vomit
and still vomiting.
I said let go get you head checked out
and they asked her 
where did she hit her head outside.
She responded I didn't hit it,
a boy in her class slammed her against the ground.

They told me to go to the doctor
and they would look at security footage.
The ER doctor confirmed
that she had a concussion.
Then the school called to say
they had watched the footage
and that FOUR boys were around
Cora engaging in normal horseplay
and that one boy pinned her down
and banged her head on the ground
three times in a row!

Very concerning.
Was this bullying?
Innocent playing?

We were sent home after she stopping vomiting.
The head scan showed no damage to her brain.
She was told she could go back to school
but not go to recess or gym class.

Meanwhile, the principal is meeting
with the boys involved and their parents.
The boys claimed to be Cora's friends,
and that they were just wrestling
AT CORA'S REQUEST!

The parents were all very concerned
and said they would talk to the boys
about playing rough especially with girls
and apologize to Cora.
The principal decided no punishment
was needed because they aren't
troublemakers.
This was an isolated incident.
I feel comfortable with that.
I have heard from many teachers and parents 
the same story.
These boys didn't target her to bully her.
They really were just playing
and Cora was trying to teach them a lesson,
but instead she's the one that got taught.

The funny part is that when Cora went back to school,
the principal said for recess,
she could bring a friend into his office to play games.
Who is the very first person 
that she invites to come play with her?!
THE BOY WHO GAVE HER
THE CONCUSSION!
So apparently they are good friends.

All is forgiven,
and Cora turned out fine too.
But perhaps a little wiser.
She has since been cleared for 
recess, gymnastics,
 and the other head rattling
activities in a child's life.


Now with the drama out of the way,
we need to get ready for Halloween.
Is this a good look for Cora?


Maybe Britta too?
I was telling the girls
that I had one of these masks growing up.
I put it on and used it 
to propose to my babysitter.
I wasn't allowed boy babysitters after that.


Speaking of babysitters,
what about baby sisters?
Colette and Sterling get to spend
way too much time together!
She's my #1 sitter!


Have you ever been looking everywhere
for something you've lost,
and wish there was a clue as to where it might be?
Like a giant magnifying glass showing you
exactly where your earbuds are?


Oh I see them now.

(also, when else but October
would you have multicolored vampire
fangs in your junk drawer)
You just never know when you'll need them.


Marching band season takes us
to Pocatello a couple times during the season.
We found a great place to have lunch!

But the mozzarella cheese sticks
baffle me!


Like, why is the cheese still stretching!? 


It seemed to be perplexing to everyone.
Have I really not exposed
my kids to mozzarella cheese sticks yet?
I need to reflect on my parenting choices.


Dad will show you how it's done!


I'm pretty happy after that meal!


Taking care not to forget my favorite car,
we make our way back home.


Speaking of marching band,
Parker also had an awesome Fall Concert
for Jazz Band.
It was Halloween themed!
Check it out šŸ‘‡







GO PARKER!
It was so Jekyll and Hyde 
and Frankenstein vibes.
I love it! 


The Skifton's have also discovered pickle ball!


Which side of the net am I supposed to be on?


We can't boast being exceptional,
but we sure have a lot of fun trying!


We raced to Rexburg for a quick bowling party
for cousin ADELAIDE!
(she shares a birthday with Sterling)


bowling, arcades and cousins!
Let the fun begin.


And speaking of birthdays,
STERLING TURNED TWO!


I got oh so many truck that are my favorite of all time!


Just lounging on MY bed.


 I share it with mom and dad.



The end of October we headed to Las Vegas
for Siona and Christian's temple sealing!
(and HALLOWEEN!)

Comments